749 40 10

auf wiedersehen

✩ ° . * . ° ✩

five didn't know what he expected to walk in on when lila told him to follow her, but this wasn't it.

sebastian was staring at an empty slushy cup with abject horror and diego was tearing apart the bed mumbling curses, his hand wrapped in bloody bandages.

"what the hell are you doing?!" lila exclaimed, throwing her hand up. "stanley is gone! we need to face this!"

"just check the chimney, alright?!" diego yelled back.

"he's not in the bloody chimney! he's been kugelblitzed!"

"and whose fault is that.."

their voices blurred together in sebastian's mind as a hand landed on his shoulder. five raised his eyebrows with concern.

the brunette shook his head and stood. i'm ok.

he nodded and returned his attention to lila and diego, keeping his hand in place.

"congratulations," he stated dryly. "you're both mildly terrible parents." he gestured to the door in the wall. "can we focus? come on. how did this thing open before?"

diego sighed. "i don't know, it was already kinda open."

"'already kinda open'?" five rolled his eyes. "you know, diego, you should have been an engineer. it's a lost opportunity."

diego shrugged lamely. "ask sebastian. he's the one who saw it first."

it was...already open when i noticed it...sorry.

"it's alright, thank you," five replied in a softer voice.

"why'd you wanna go in there anyway?" lila asked, throwing away stanley's old slushy cup. "it's just sushi and death."

he returned to his impatient tone. "when we met future me in the commission bunker- i'll explain later seb- i warned myself about oblivion. now, pogo told me-"

"wait, woah, woah, woah!" diego interrupted. "pogo's alive?"

"different pogo, but yes. the monkey said dad spent years training the sparrows for some kind of super secret mission into...?"

"oblivion?" lila finished.

he nodded once. "so! i come back here and find that you two sentient stds- and seb of course- have actually been in there." he switched back to heart eyes when regarding sebastian.

diego groaned. "are you going to keep-"

"everything's leading to oblivion," five said over him. "so we have to go in there."

"hell no!"

"no way!"

over my dead body.

"not happening."

"we barely got out alive, mate!"

"yeah?" five spat. "so what? this is more than just you two."