four.

[this is meant to be a fun chapter! just because once he starts filming, they wont really see one another :)]

cillian looked at the messages marge and his manager has sent him, while he was waking up for the day. apparently emma had posted something that was supposed to be private but it ended up on her public account at 2 am. she quickly deleted it but it was too late. cillian and emma knew the truth and everybody in their respective circles. they wouldn't say anything to the public and hopefully, it would be forgotten. cillian sat drinking his coffee and looked out the window of his modest home in ireland thinking of where it went array. but also, they never had a conversation about seeing other people seeing as they really weren't together. yet, as the person he was, she deserved that conversation and he did not deliver. he got a phone call from emma around 11 his time and he declined it, not ready to speak to her. yet 15 minutes later, he called her. they needed to have this conversation. she picked up on the 3rd ring, and he could sense that she was a wreck.

"I'm so sorry cillian, i didn't mean to post it truly. it was meant for a-" he cut her off, "another account?" he questioned and she responded with a yes. christ. "and you wonder why i don't have social media. i don't get why you need more than one account." he sighed, rubbing his eyes with one hand. "one is for public and the other is for friends and family-" he cut her off again, "and tom." and she now sighed. "i guess you could say that, yes." she mumbled. "if you'd like to see him, that's fine. we never discussed whether we were exclusive or not. you can see whoever, as long as you don't go blasting it to the world." he said, and for some reason, her heart dropped. she had been thinking he'd want to be exclusive, and she would have let tom go for a final time; for the time being ofcourse. she knew how serious cillian was about his job and personal life, and if it caused too much strife or anxiety for this partnership, she'd adhere to him. she could tell that cillian was not being as sincere as his words cared to show. she could sense something deeper but left it be. "alrighty, ill let him know. thanks cillian." she said before hanging up. he looked out the window still, unmoving. he was conflicted, but at the end of the day, he wasn't her real boyfriend. just played the part. just a girl.

_

2 weeks later, cillian arrived to lax where emma waited for his arrival. she stayed in the car, not bothering to look presentable for the paps. once she saw him, she got out of her car, to open the trunk. she greeted him with a hug, and he kissed her cheek out of respect. "let me help you." she said taking his carry on and he begrudgingly gave it. she slipped it into the second row of seats and she heard the trunk close and cillian hopped in after she did, a mere two seconds. "alrighty, please let me out of here." she mumbled, looking pissed off as ever to the paparazzi. cillian slipped on his sunglasses as emma had her's on for the time being, and they finally made it past them and they were off. "do you have anything planned? marge said you might." he said taking the water she had put in the cup holder for him. "uhh not much. we could stop at urrth cafe which is like a healthy cafe, or we could drive away from our destination to a place called active culture in long beach. same thing, vegan gluten free etc etc." she said stopping at the light. "don't worry we do have many pubs to choose from too." she added, and he chuckled. "um, what about urrth cafe?" he said and she nodded. "i suppose you're gonna need some tea." she said getting on the I-105 and I-110 which would probably be a mad house even at 9 am. "be prepared for some traffic." she said turning on the on-ramp, and he nodded getting comfy. the silence was filled with the beach boys, blaring through the speakers. they drove for about 15 minutes before coming to a stop. she hummed along with the song, as she nail rubbed against her thumb, a place that had become raw recently. cillian noticed her leg shaking once again, and then her hand. "you good?" he asked and she looked over, breathless. "ye-yeah." she said looking back in front of her. they began to drive once more, and got off the i-110 shortly after.