𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

My period was finally over so now I can stop sitting on my couch doing absolutely nothing but watch tv.

I throw on a hoodie and run downstairs.

I bump into a solid chest as I stumble back a little bit.

"Sorry" I mumble and see chase, of course he spent the night again.

"Where you heading off to?" He questioned. "I don't know I'm probably going to walk around, if you wanna come with?" I have no idea why I was asking Chase if he wants to come with me, I could barley stand him.

"Uhh sure let me get my hoodie real quick." I nod my head slightly as I wait by the front door for him, my eyes were slightly closing and opening.

It was only 5:30am and that's really early for me to be awake.

"Alright. Let's go." I say as I saw Chase come around the corner with his hoodie on him now.

We walk in silence for 5 ish minutes.

"Why are you awake so early?" I finally break the silence. "Aww do you care about me." He ruffles my hair. "No it was just a question." I glare at him.

He can't go 10 minutes without constantly getting on my nerves.

"Because I can never sleep, why are you awake so early?." He asks the same question.

"I guess I went to sleep at 7 last night so I woke up a little while ago." I shrug my shoulders. "Woah, Dani going to sleep at 7?" He gasps shocked

"Do you ever get tired, you know not never sleeping?" I look up at him and wait for an answer.

"Not really, I only need 1-2 hours of sleep to get me through the day." His expression goes blank.

"Is there a reason why you don't sleep?" I ask again. "Yeah there's a few." He says so softly I could barley hear him.

"Oh" is all I managed to say.

"Yeah."

We take a few turns that lead to a quicker way home, once I see my house In sight I immediately go inside.

"Where have you two been?" Levi asks plopping a piece of strawberry in his mouth. "We went on a walk." I slide my shoes off.

"Oh wow, Chase and Dani getting along?" He teased. "No I still hate him."

"I still hate her" We both said at the same time.

"Anyway, Taylor is coming over later." I say looking through the fridge to find anything to eat.

"Dani, Matt is calling you" Levi yelled from the living room.

I rush to get the phone.

I accept his FaceTime request, turning on my camera.

Matt - "Hey, what you doing right now?"

Me - "Nothing, just trying to find something to eat"

Matt - "Remember what I said, Daniella."

Me - "Right, I'll uh call you later"

I hang up the phone.

Why did his words have to hurt so much, sighing as I rest my head in my hands, a sudden cold feeling is rushing down my back.

I squeal and turn around to see Levi and Chase holding a cup of ice, they must have dumped it down my shirt.

"Really?" I groan annoyed. "Whatttt" Levi gave me his puppy dog eyes.

"What was Matt talking about, by the way. What did he mean by, 'Remember what I said'" He mocked Matt's words.

"Nothing serious" I take a seat on the chair. "You would tell us if he was being mean right?" Levi's protectiveness caught in.

"Yeah of course." I smile.

"Good, now we are going to I-hop so get ready!" He grinned and left the room.

I rush upstairs to change, I put on grey sweats, and a black oversized hoodie.

"Taylor is going to come with us!" I yell as I run downstairs.

"Okay it's just gonna be me, Chase, you, and Taylor I guess. The others didn't want to come?" He shrugged.

"Okay, We have to pick her up on the way." I slide on my shoes, and head outside.

Levi takes a different direction from I-hop to get to Taylor's house. I never liked sitting in the front so I sat in the back, with chase.

"Dani!!" Taylor's little sister jumped in the backseat and onto my lap. "Hi, Amelia!" I play with her hair.

"I missed you." She wrapped her tiny arms around me. "I missed you to, little one" I kiss her head softly.

"I got a new unicorn stuffy!" She shows me her new stuff animal, it was pink, the paws were purple, and the horn was grey/gold, with rainbow colored wings.

"It's so cute! What's it's name?" I ask her with a smile. "Pinky pie!" She giggled. "Isn't that a pony from my little pony?" I give her a grin.

"Hmmm, yes. But it's okay." She gave me a thumbs up.

A song on the radio comes on, that me and Taylor love so dearly.

She gives me a grin and we both start screaming the lyrics

'What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight'

"Okay okay! You guys are giving me a headache." Levi says playfully.

"What a party pooperr" Taylor teases him. "Yeah, Yeah. Anyways we are here, let's gooo!" He puts the car in park and we all head inside.

As we wait for the waiter to give us our seats, Amelia starts telling me what she wanted because she was to scared to order herself.

She wanted a Mickey Mouse pancake, extra strawberries on it and whipped cream.

The waiter comes leading us to our seats, but on the way I see a familiar brunette. I place Amelia in her seat and walk over to that table,

"Oh, dani, funny seeing you here" Matt clears his throat. I look across him and see the same girl from the class a few days ago.

The one that Matt kicked me out of my seat for.

"Who's this?" I ask curiously. "Oh this is uh- my cousin, Avery." He said taking a bite of his eggs.

Avery sends me a dirty glare, looking me up and down, making me feel a bit insecure. As she was slim, button nose, pretty eyes.

"Who are you here with?" Matt asked me. "Chase, Taylor, Taylor's little sister, and Levi." I said. "Be careful. You don't want to eat to much food now, do you?" Avery chuckled.

"Uhm, yeah." I said softly. "I'll see you later Matt."I walk back to my table feeling hurt.

"You okay?" Taylor noticed my upset face. "I'll be fine." I take my seat in between chase and Amelia.

"Who's Matt with?" Levi asked. "Oh he's with his cousin Avery." I answered.

"Right.." Levi said with a questionable tone.

The waiter comes and takes our orders, I just got a plate of a pancake, and some scrambled eggs.

"Alright, your order will be right with you." The young looking girl smiled at us and left.

_____

Double update for you guys because I love y'all.

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts?

Word count - 1226

- B.