025 ˢᵘᵍᵃʳʰⁱˡˡᵈᵈᵒᵗ

CHAPTER: 25

SATURDAY, July4
12:56pm, 2023

TODAY WAS the day I was supposed to meet this aunt of mine, and I was beyond scared since if I hadn't said the right thing to her she could call this whole operation off.

The ball was legit in her court so I had to make sure everything I said was on point, and what was even scarier is i've never seen nor heard of her in my entire life. And how was it that Dudeylo never mentioned anything about her, I mean he's been in the close to arrested situation but even then he never mentioned a word of her.

I don't know..

Maybe I was overthinking the situation, possibly he didn't know her then. Or even he had just gotten in contact with her a couple months ago. I was trying to think of any possible reason he would keep something like this away from me.

•T I M E S K I P•

It was now five o'clock and I was currently on my way to meet my 'aunt', and I couldn't stop asking Edot questions even though I knew he didn't have an answer for any of the things I was asking.

Once we got there we both walked in to make sure it was legit and when we saw her only I sat down. Whereas Edot went ahead and left, "Hello sweetheart"She stands up greeting me with a small and short hug. There was something about her that I recognized which was weird since i've never seen her in my life.

"Hi"I answered short and simple trying to read her but I got nothing. Like she was a blank canvas and the artist didn't know what to put on said canvas, "So your Mkylah correct?"She asks but I cringe a bit b y the sound of her voice.

It was certainly proper and was definitely not what I was usually used to so I guess you say that it sort of caught me off guard a little bit.

Since, I hadn't really wanted to talk until I really got a feel of her, I just decided to nod as an answer to her question. I could tell that made her a bit uncomfortable given that she was sort of the only one trying to keep the conversation going.

"Hello i'm Kacy and I will be your waitress this evening, could I start you off with some drinks"Our waitress I now know as Kacy, smiles widely at use as she grabs her pen and paper from her pocket.

"Yes of course you can darling, may I have an ice cold water with a lemon for a starter?"My 'aunt' says to the waitress causing the girl to girl write her drink order down. She then turns over to me, "And for you?"Kacy inquires, "I'll just have a pink lemonade please"I say simply as I see the girl's nervous look.

I couldn't tell if it was her first week in the job or if my aunt just intimidated her like she did when I first walked into the restaurant.

As Kacy walked away things began to feel awkward again, I guess we both needed the server to really get things going, "So how old are you?"She asks even though i'm almost one hundred percent she already knows the answer to that question.

"I'm sixteen what about you?" That was dumb of me and I knew it was, "thirty two, yes I know i'm a bit of an old one"She laughs but I just look at her awkwardly. Mainly because almost everything that she has said so far has been beyond corny, and it getting quite obvious that she's nervous.

"You have a husband?"I ask kind of wanting to know if I had an uncle or possibly a cousin, "Yes actually I do but it's quite recent"She answers with a huge smile on her face, most likely because i'm finally engaging her with conversation.

"Oh? When did you get married"I was trying to force myself to warm up because at the end of the day, weather I like it or not she's my aunt and even if the situation of us meeting isn't ideal I should still take advantage of the fact that I have a family member that I can call and talk to outside of Dudey.

As we engage in further communication our server, Kacy comes over to the table and places our drinks onto the table with straws, "Are you guys ready for food?"She asks grabbing the same pen and paper she had before.

"Yes"My aunt answers for herself before looking my way causing me to nod in response, "Ok let's start over here, what would you like to eat? Could I interest you in our special pasta? It comes with garlic bread and our famous sauce on top"The server exclaims but not with the energy that she most likely intended to have judging by her own expression.

"Actually yes that sounds delicious, and is there a way that I can add another piece of garlic bread?" I ask shyly glancing over at my aunt who just sends me a sly nod, gesturing that it was ok to ask for extra.

The server sees the interaction and writes something down on the price of paper she has in her hand, "Yes! Now what would you like ma'am"After answering my question she turns to my aunt, "I'll have the steak bowl with extra steak sauce on the side"My aunt states closing the menu, and collecting mine before setting it near the edge for Kacy to take.

"Ok coming right up"Kacy leaves again, but only this time when she left things weren't awkward or silent, me and my aunt had actually happened to get along.

"Well now we can talk about the real reason you've come"