Epilogue

"Where is my husband?" Lexi pulled Mindy aside and tried to keep her voice as even as possible.

"I think I saw the groomsmen pull him outside for some cigars. Tell me what you need. I'm on it!" Mindy released the clutch she had on her long, chiffon navy blue bridesmaids dress and placed her hand on Lexi's shoulder.

"I need sex. And I need it now!" Lexi said in a quiet, yet sharp voice. There were still guests mingling nearby in the church's reception hall and she glanced back to make sure no one heard her.

Mindy's eyes grew wide for a moment and then she burst out laughing. "Yeah, girl. Only he can help you with that one."

Lexi forced a smile toward the guests who gave her their congratulations while passing by. She looked around at all the faces chatting and took in a deep breath, hoping, and praying she'd find him.

This day had been one of the most amazing days of her whole life. It was so blissful that she even managed to get through a thank you speech in front of their roughly eighty guests during the reception. But now that their send-off time was approaching, Lexi only had one thing on her mind - having Tom fulfill the promise he made to her all those months ago in that small theater.

It would have been easy. Just finish taking pictures with the aunts and uncles and then say goodbye to everyone while they waved sparklers in the air. Yet, with her husband missing in the reception hall and in the corridors that surrounded it...and in the men's restroom, uncomfortable jitters were shooting through her.

She briskly fled through the hall and toward the exit, only stopping a handful of times when someone congratulated her or showered her with compliments. Mindy was on her heels and like a true maid of honor, would say that the bride needed to be somewhere whenever they'd get stopped.

Finally, they managed to make it to the outdoor patio adorned with twinkling lights. Smoke filled the air as men were chatting animatedly with each other. Quickly scanning each face, Lexi's chest tightened when she couldn't find Tom. "Where's Tom?" Her voice appeared rough and the group of men all turned to her abruptly.

"He's inside looking for you," Cole responded.

"Sweetie come take more pictures with your cousins!" Scarlett's voice traveled over the voices of guests mingling before she turned to her son. "Cole! That stuff's not good for you! Stop it!"

"Mom, I'm good. Don't worry," he said before coughing violently.

"Mom, I'm done with pictures! We have to do the send-off now!" Lexi shrieked and a couple of guests turned to her with concerned looks. She cleared her throat and mustered a graceful smile. "Thank you so much for coming. Lovely to see you here," she said to the faces before her.

She leaned forward to grasp the sides of her long, white, flowy dress and made her way to the front entrance of the building. Beautiful white and pink flower arrangements lined the railings and a rose scent filled the air. Her heart was full even though she was desperately searching for Tom. Every attention to detail in the wedding that day was because of friends and family who rallied together to make it something spectacular.

When she first walked out with Jason by her side all she saw was a beaming Tom who looked even more handsome than she ever thought possible. His wide smile made her feel like the most beautiful woman in the world and her heart grew tenfold. The immense joy of seeing him waiting for her, waiting to vow his life to loving and serving her, was unlike anything she'd ever experienced. And when they finally exchanged vows, the passionate kiss sent her heart into overdrive. The witnesses broke out in applause and upbeat tunes filled the air.

Lexi's heart fluttered and she quickened her steps. She made her way back through the hall and still couldn't find Tom. A few people mentioned he went outside through the other entrance in search of her. It wasn't until she ran through the wide doors on the other side of the hall that she found herself slamming into a broad chest.