44 - Deny them Death

Rosalin's Point of View

I stare in disbelief as Mia rips her arm from mine, and walks out the door, just like that.

I grit my teeth, and look back at the boy.

It's true he's just a kid. Even if he is saved, he cannot fight the monsters outside... it's not wrong... it's not wrong... but it rubs me the wrong way. Aren't I the one supposed to be feeling less about human life?

There has to be more that can be done than just sigh like that.

I end up clenching my hand bitterly.

...Saintess?

Saintess?

How can you just give up so easily?

Aren't you supposed to bring miracles?

I look at the boy's throat, red and swollen from being choked probably.

...ah, I might be able to save him.

It's a tiny chance, but I might be able to.

"Alice!"

The priestess jolts as I call her name.

"Check the parents, and then try healing the boy continuously! We're going to try to revive him!"

She looks at me with confusion and disbelief at my words, which makes sense after the saintess left like that, but we don't have time for this.

"Now!"

I raise my voice at her, and she almost stumbles towards the mother.

Good.

First though, we need to stop the bleeding, otherwise everything else will be futile.

"Azzo, find a wooden spoon!"

They should be able to find that.

I take off the apron of my maid uniform and kneel down by the boy's side as i twirl the apron into a rope.

If the only orc that was in here just came out, then we should be able to make if.

I lift the kid's leg, getting sprayed with blood from the injury, and bind the around the injured leg. I tighten the simple half knot as tight as I can, and with good timing Azzo brings the wooden spoon. I put it over the half knot, and then tie another knot on top of the thick wooden spoon.

This should do, but I won't be able to keep this tight while I do the rest.

"Azzo, sit!"

He kneels down next to me with a thump, and I put his hand on the wooden spoon.

"Spin this around and tighten the knot until the blood starts flowing, and then hold that pressure!"

"Got it!"

I let go as his hand takes over, and then move up to the boy's chest.

I only ever did this to a training doll at a couple classes, and for my driver's license.

I take a deep breath and lean over the kid, putting one hand on top of the other, and wrapping the top one's finger into the other, over the sternum.

I need to press fairly hard, I know that... but he's a kid... how much less hard should I press?

I grit my teeth, and glance to Alice. It's fine, the most important is getting the blood flowing.

As for the tempo, that english disco song.

Okay, I hear it.

I press down heavily on the boy's chest, and the feeling of a rib cracking umder the pressure sends a wave of nausea through me.