𝒗𝒊𝒊. summer fights

𝒗𝒊𝒊. summer fights
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

 summer fights━━━━━━━━━━━━❛ ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin ❜

i don't relate to you, no.
'cause i'd never treat me
this shitty.
- happier than ever,, billie eilish

(season 1 episode 3)

word count; 5,700+

    WHEN TAYLOR AND BELLY decide to go for a walk on the beach together, Ellie elects not to go with them. Not only because of Nicole's revelation that she even noticed how Ellie felt about Belly, but also because she wanted to help the mom's make Belly's birthday dinner. Ellie loves cooking and baking, and since Rosie is clearly not going to be of much help, she wanted to join in. All of them got to work and Conrad even helped them shuck the corn — he agreed almost immediately when he realized Maddie would be there too.

    "I thought we were keeping dinner simple," Laurel comments as she walks up to the kitchen counter where Ellie is chopping vegetables, mixing ingredients in a bowl and looking over at Susannah with a knowing look on her face.

    "It's Belly's sweet 16," Susannah reasons with her, rummaging through the fridge. "Are Maddie and Connie done shucking the corn?"

    Peering through the kitchen window, Laurel shakes her head. "Mm, not yet." She continues stirring and frowns. "I can't believe he forgot Belly's birthday. What's up with that?"

    "He's been shut down like this since April," Susannah replies, coming over to help her daughter. She briefly rests a hand on Ellie's shoulder, giving it a squeeze before carrying on with their preparations.

    "When he and his girlfriend broke up?"

    "Yeah, but he won't talk to me about it," Susannah says. "I just— I want to make sure he's okay."

    From where she flips through a magazine, feet propped up on a spare kitchen chair, Rosie replies, "Conrad's always been like this, closing off when he's sad or hurt."

    "Remember that time he broke his arm and didn't tell anyone because he didn't want to be a bother?" Laurel asks, shaking her head at the memory of a young Conrad being much too stubborn to ask for anyone's help.

    "Classic Connie," Susannah agrees, shaking her head as well. She looks up at her son, glances at her daughter, then finds Laurel's eyes again. "Do you think maybe you could talk to him, Laur? I mean, you-you've always had a way of making him open up."

    "You two are pretty similar when it comes to dealing with your emotions," Rosie comments, giving Laurel a look which only the mom's can understand after being best friends for years.