𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. summer sadness

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

❝ fighting with a true love is boxingwith no gloves, chemistry 'til itblows up, 'til there's no us

fighting with a true love is boxing
with no gloves, chemistry 'til it
blows up, 'til there's no us.
- afterglow,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 7)

word count; 3,000+

    A TIGHT KNOT OF ANXIETY tightens around Ellie's lungs as she finishes touching up her lipstick and places it in her makeup bag

    A TIGHT KNOT OF ANXIETY tightens around Ellie's lungs as she finishes touching up her lipstick and places it in her makeup bag. Belly is ahead of her in the lineup of debs and boops Ellie's nose with her bouquet after picking it up. Laughing, Ellie picks up her own, following after her best friend. She hopes this is how the rest of the night can be, she hopes they can forget this summer and just pretend like none of the drama ever happened to begin with. It'll be easier that way. Next summer will be different, Ellie won't let anything tear them apart or risk their friendship ever again.

    Ellie's dress flows at her feet and her heels click against the ground as she heads towards the stage. She breathes in and out, feeling slightly better when Maddie places a hand on her shoulder and gives it a squeeze. As long as her friends and family are with her, Ellie will be okay, and that's what she needs to focus on. As of right now, nothing really disastrous is happening. Though the drama with Belly was extremely stressful, it's fading away and soon they'll forget all about it.

    "Isabel Conklin," Paige announces as Belly steps out, accepting Jeremiah's arm when he holds it out for her. "Daughter of John Conklin and Laurel Park. A student at Chesterbrook High School where she is captain of the varsity volleyball team." Belly and Jeremiah step down the stairs and disappear from sight. With them gone, Ellie can see Dev and gives him a reassuring smile. "Isabel is also an avid swimmer, and this summer raised $5,000 for the county women's shelter."

    Blowing a harsh breath out, Ellie walks as confidently as she can towards Dev, straightening her shoulders back. He loops his arm through hers and she focuses on breathing slowly. "Don't let me fall," she whispers, looking at him out of the side of her eye.