Chapter 4

I just woke up.

I feel lazy to get up now, maybe because I got tired yesterday or something.

It's already 8 AM in the morning, and I'm just staring at a big wall clock in my room.

I grabbed my laptop to read some news or watch random reels.

When I opened my laptop, Craise and Jiro greeted me on Instagram.

Oh, right, it's my birthday today.

They even posted about me in their stories, they're like crazy people.

But I'm still grateful because somehow they don't forget me.

I called them, we had a video call on Messenger.

When they answered my call, they were both in the same camera.

Yes, they were together.

"Happy Birthday, Dahlia
Happy Birthday, Dahlia
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday, Dahlia"

Both of them greeted me, while Craise was making a cake and Jiro was holding balloons.

"Good morning to a very grumpy Dahlia. Happy Birthday." Craise said and laughed.

Wow, next time don't greet me anymore, salamat nalang sa lahat.

"Happy Birthday, what's our plan for today?" Jiro asked next.

"Morning," I replied briefly to both of them, smiling briefly at them.

"See, you look beautiful when you smile," Jiro said.

"Show it again, I didn't see." Craise said while he was baking a cake.

"Plan? No plans," I said to both of them.

"Nyenye, we're going there later with Mom and Dad. Even Craise's Mom." Jiro said while still holding a few balloons.

They're both cute.

It's a good thing they don't have girlfriends yet, because if they have?

No more surprises from them.

I don't want another girl overthinking just because of a girl.

Especially if I'm the girl who's the reason why girl is overthinking.

"O-okay," I stuttered as I said to them.

Because it's been a long time since I last saw Aunt Joy Quint.

I really miss them because when Mom and Dad were still alive, they would also come to the Mansion to work for Mom and Dad.

But now? Uhm, they're also doing well.

They've become wealthy too because Mom and Dad helped them.

They were always together back then.

I became close to these two because their parents work to my Mom and Dad.

Like, Craise teaches me how to draw because we're classmates.

And Jiro always teaches us about medicine and how to solve different diseases.

I went out to take a shower and fix myself a bit because Aunties is coming.

"Happy Birthday, Ma'am." Manang greeted me with a smile while may hawak na cake.

"Wh-where did you get that? Did you buy it?" I asked her.

"Yes, Ma'am. Earlier, while you were still sleeping, I finished all the tasks quickly that I needed to do here at home because I knew it's your birthday," she replied, still smiling and holding the cake.