ü ç

D E R Y A

I entered the cabin to see a tall, broad shouldered man wearing black hood standing near my table with his back to me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Hatun, call Derya Bey." The ignorant man said without looking at me as he was too focused on the map sitting on my table.

I snapped my fingers making him turn around to face me. He removed his hood revealing his awfully handsome face.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Didn't you hear me? I'm here for Derya Bey. Go and summon him for me." He replied with his jaws clenched. His hazel eyes screamed anger and frustration which amused me and encouraged me more to annoy him.

"Why do you need him?" I asked with my hands behind my back, stepping closer to him.

"That is none of your business. Now get out and call him before I lose my temper, imbecile." Imbecile? Huh. This little- not so little rascal.

I raised my brows at him. "Why can't Derya be a woman?" I asked.

"Look Hatun, I'm someone not to be messed with so just stop with your stupid questions and get out." He said in a frustrated tone. "Besides, have you ever heard of a woman being a pirate? That's impossible."

I scoffed at him, making him raise his eyebrows at me.

"I do not care who you are or why you're here. So, before I have you dragged out of here you may leave." I said as I walk past him and picked up the map he was looking at earlier.

I turn back to meet with his sword on my neck. "You have crossed all your limits little girl." He hissed at me. "I don't know where you get your arrogance from, perhaps from Derya Bey, but this insolence won't be forgiven."

Does he really think I'm afraid of him?

"Wrong movie, Sevgilim." I kicked on the place where the sun doesn't shine before grabbing my dagger from the table and helding it to his neck as he kneeled on the ground holding his crotch.

"Who are you?" I questioned as I grabbed his hair and pulled his head back. "Who sent you?"

"Kaptan?" Dundar entered and I turn back, giving him a chance to knock me down.

"You piece of shit." I jumped up at once as he stood up with a sour face.

I smirked at him as I twirl the dagger in my hand. "You have entered my territory and threatened me. You came here by will but you won't walk out of here alive." I said and charged towards him.

"No, Kaptan. Don't." Dundar jumped in between.

"Kaptan?" The man asked in confusion.

"Dundar." I bared my teeth at him. "You better explain your actions."

"Derya Bey is a woman?" That man interrupted.

"Shut up." I snapped.

"Kaptan, you'd like to read this before you do anything." Dundar said as he quickly took out a piece of paper from his pocket before handing it to me.

I took the paper from his hand before unfolding it.

Derya,
I'm sending Şehzade Murad, son of His Majesty the late Sultan, to you on the request of his mother, Sultana Hafsa. I'm requesting you to help him, provide him with sanctuary and protect his life at all cost. This is all I ask and I hope you won't disappoint me.

"Who sent this?" I inquired, already knowing who it was from.

"Ahmed Bey." Dundar replied.

"I'm not going to help you. Get out." I said as I crumpled the paper before throwing it away.

"But Ahmed Bey said you will never refuse his request." The man who was said to be the prince said.

"Of course. You think anyone can simply enter my ship like that?" I asked expecting no answer in return.

"No one." I said as I took threatening steps towards him until we were face to face. "Be it the Sultan himself, cannot enter my territory, let alone my ship, without my permission."

"You think too highly of yourself, women," The ignorant prince said, closing up the distance. "Don't forget you are in the territory of the great Ottoman empire. This sea belongs to the empire, not you."

I scoffed,"The sea has only one owner and that is me. I don't serve anyone." I turn and walk away from him.

"Throw this so-called prince out before I return." I said before exiting that suffocating room.

I gripped the rail in a tight fist, taking deep breaths as the cool breeze hit my face trying to cool me down.

Dundar followed me out and stood beside me before speaking up. "Kaptan, I think Bey is playing another trick." He said and I opened my eyes and turned to face him.

"What do you mean? I asked.

"Bey is a wise man. He knows what he is doing." He replied. True. Ahmed Bey is a fox in the form of a human. He is as sharp as his arrow and as cunning as a fox. "The Sultan has no heir." Dundar declared like I already didn't know.

"I know that Dundar. I have been here long before you." I scoffed and turned away, facing the calm sea.

"What I'm saying is that," He said. "The Sultan has no heir which makes Şehzade Murad the next potential heir."

"Not if he dies." I replied, thinking about the arrogant, ignorant imbecile. The audacity of that rascal to insult me on my ship. I'll be damned if I ever let him step in my ship again

"Kaptan, if Şehzade Murad is under your protection no one can touch him." Dundar said. "Which means after we defeat the Sultan, Şehzade Murad will be the next Sultan."

"Come to the point, Dundar. Stop beating around the bush." I said, irritated by the way he was making it more complicated than it seems.

"If he's lucky enough to succeed, he'll surely repay the ones who helped and supported him." He said. "And as long as I remember, that old fox has two unmarried daughters."

Of course, I already know what he was trying to do.

"But I don't see what I'm going to gain here." I said. "And I don't do anything which doesn't profit me."

"It does profit you, Kaptan!" Dundar said excitedly. "After he becomes the Sultan, you can easily slowly take over the whole territory. Unlike his brother, Şehzade Murad is a weak one."

I turn to the greedy little shit I raised with a grin on my face. "Of course, little mouse. But I thought you knew me better." I said and his face fell. "I want to torment the Sultan and capture his territory right in front of his eyes. I want to give him pain as he lives."

"I don't want the territory." I said. "I want revenge."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 12, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Prince Who Walked Fireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें