01

a/n: thanks to erica for requesting this during the TIU celebration

prompt: jk and oc trying to get iseul to say mama/dada first

The apartment was in a constant state of mess. Bam's toys. Iseul's toys. Jungkook's toys—well, action figures, you should say.

You glanced at the clock before returning your attention to Iseul, who was strapped into her high chair. Her pouty lips and cheeks are stained from strawberries because she insists on feeding herself.

Little Miss Independent.

You only had a few minutes before Jungkook would come through the door, announcing 'daddy's home.'

"Come on, baby girl. Can you say ma-ma?"

Iseul grabs her plastic fork, tapping it loudly on the tray, completely ignoring your request.

"Ma-ma," you repeated.

Iseul turns to you with her big doe eyes and Bam's laying by your feet, waiting to eat any food scraps that Iseul drops. She pokes her pancake strip, then waves her fork around, causing the pancake to drop on the ground, and Bam jumps at the chance to eat it.

She smiles, kicking her feet, excited she's fed her best friend.

You huff, but you can't get upset at your eight month old. Those eyes and cheeks always get the best of you, and you blame Jeon Jungkook for helping you make such a cute kid.

The beeping from the keypad can be heard and it's another day where you've failed to have Iseul say, 'ma-ma' first. And being the daddy's girl that Iseul is, you were determined for her first words to be 'ma-ma.'

The door opens then shuts.

"Daddy's home!" Jungkook takes off his shoes, setting his things down before shuffling through the hallway, finding his favorite girls in the kitchen.

"Ah, there are my girls!"

Bam gets up, walking over to also get some love from him. Jungkook kneels to greet his four-legged friend.

"Bam, have you been keeping an eye on my girls?"

The doberman sniffs and licks Jungkook's face as answer to his question.

Iseul is squealing excitedly when she sees her dad. She's squirming in her seat, waiting to be released.

You rake your hand through your hair to find a piece of pancake lodged in, all thanks to Iseul. Tilting your head up, you wait for a kiss from Jungkook, and you pout when he kisses Iseul instead.

He narrowed his eyes. "Have you been cheating and teaching her to say mama all day?"

You scoffed, putting your hands on your waist. "How dare you accuse me of cheating!"

"Mum-mum," Iseul babbles, still waiting to get out of her seat.

The two of you turn to her.

You gasped. "She said mama!"

"No, she said mum-mum," Jungkook countered.

"Same difference!"

Jungkook pulled up a chair to sit beside you. "Okay, baby girl. Can you say da-da? Da-da?"

"My sweetest girl, can you say ma-ma?" You nudged Jungkook's hip with yours and he glared back at you.

Iseul looked at you then Jungkook, clapping her hands and cooing. She threw the rest of her strawberries and pancake on the ground.

"Ba-mee. Ba-mee."

Of course, Iseul's best friend comes running when he sees food on the ground. Bam gobbles everything up, including the previous crumbs on the ground.

Iseul's giggling and clapping. "Ba-mee. Ba-mee."

You and Jungkook looked at each other and laughed because the both of you lost at your own game. Iseul's first word wasn't mama or dada, it was Bamie.

You sighed. "Now, can you stop withholding kisses from me now? Because we both lost to Bam."

Jungkook grinned from ear to ear, hooking his arm around your waist, bringing you closer to him. His eyes are locked in on your lips, then shift to your eyes. "Nope."