Prologue

Song: Talking Body (The Young Professionals Remix) - Tove Lo

***

First impressions matter a lot - people judge you by them. So did I. To me, he was a drunk teenager with an arrogance bigger than Mount Everest.

Who? you may ask.

Aaron fucking Hernández.

Sitting alone at the bar of a nightclub wasn't usually in my Friday night routine. I had just returned from Barcelona a day ago. And I already wanted to go back. I lived there for two years, attending high school and making memories. And now I was back in LA and sipping on a martini alone.

It was depressing, to say the least. I just needed some time alone. And why a nightclub? I don't know. But all my peers in LA spoke highly of this club, Sinners. I didn't get the hype, though - it was all the same. Teenagers dancing, music, and alcohol. It was like any other club.

I turned to look at the sea of people, disregarding the bartender trying to flirt with me.

Those people danced like there was no tomorrow for them, all stuck close to each other under the red light. I wondered if they could even breathe.

Somewhere between those dancing bodies, I noticed a powerful gaze - a presence that was hard to ignore.

Those blue eyes were like the horizon where the ocean and the sky met, becoming one. His eyes held an intensity that was hard to match. Attitude dropped off him like he owned the place.

The red lights only complimented his aura.

His hands rested on a girl's hips, yet his eyes rested on me - Something that made me feel ashamed of myself - he was clearly with someone, yet I couldn't help but stare.

My eyes shamelessly went up and down his body. That guy was no older than twenty, that was for sure. He was tall and wore all black. A leather jacket topped his outfit like a cherry on a pastry. The ink up his neck formed a snake slithering between a crown, disappearing behind his pierced ear.

I furrowed my eyebrows at it. I had seen that tattoo somewhere - I knew that. I wasn't sure where, though.

I locked eyes with him once again, only to notice the slight smirk on his face. He knew I was checking him out.

I quickly turned my chair to face the bar, cursing under my breath.

However, I couldn't shake away the feeling of his eyes on my body. It was odd.

"So? Are you done checking me out, mor?" A deep voice spoke from beside me, making me flinch in surprise. I could have sworn I had heard that voice before - yet I couldn't remember where.

I turned to the side to face him, and my breath hitched. He sat on the stool next to mine, playing with the ring on his index finger - The guy with beautiful eyes.

Now that he was close enough, I could see his face clearly. His beauty was to die for. Gosh, he was the representation of a Greek God.

The guy had no physical flaws. Was that even possible?

My brain stopped functioning, and he knew that. He knew he had that effect on people. He chuckled at me.

"Aaron Hernández," The guy forwarded his hand for me to shake, and I took it without a second thought.

"Simran Garewal," my voice came out shakier than I expected.

His skin against mine made the hairs on my neck stand. Something was intoxicating about him, something that made me high just looking at him. Was he even real?