3: Tears of Hope, and Joy

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

『あにゃたは何も⼼配することはない。 』

❝ You have nothing to meow-rry about. ❞

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It's been four days already since you first met Tenko.

He never spoke. He tried, but he always ended up scratching his neck and looking down at the floor instead. The only time he could speak was when he warned you, softly yet in panic, if you were in 'danger'. Either there was a pile of trash bags that you could trip onto or there was some debris that could fall on top of your head. You were pretty clumsy as a cat but when it comes to running away from people after you stole from them? Yeah, you're a pro. A professional robbercat.

Speaking of robbery, Tenko doesn't let you out of his sight either so stealing became a lot more difficult than before.

The only time you could leave to get some food was when he fell asleep, but you always came back to him frightened and frozen in his spot. He'd only relax after his gaze sets upon you. 

As clingy as you thought he would be, Tenko never tried to approach you— he doesn't even let you near his hand; he always cradled that to himself— but you can see it in the way he looked at you; he acted as if you were a personal lifeline of his, that if you leave his sight even for a bit, he would die.

And that... is kind of bad. No, that is really bad.

One time you'd brought him a fluffy blanket (that you found in someone's backyard) cause you wanted the boy to feel a bit warm in this chilly alleyway. You also liked the fluffiness of the cloth so you wrapped yourself around it, hoping that Tenko also wrapped himself happily in its presence.

The next thing you knew the blanket was already disintegrating.

At first you thought that Tenko must have used his Quirk unknowingly. There's no way he would be able to get used to his Quirk's usage in such a short time period, so you brushed it off.

But then you brought another blanket, hid under it cause it's super warm, and then it got disintegrated.

You even swore at Tenko one time, cause you thought for sure you'd get disintegrated too. But when you got that one look from him, one doe-eyed, almost helpless gaze under his scratched-out lids, you ended up backing down. The boy had lost his entire family in just one blink, so of course he would be paranoid if he didn't see you, his new company.

As much as you'd like to imagine that Tenko felt at ease in your presence to the point he didn't want you far away from him, you had to think of the risks.

According to the manga, Tenko should have started walking up to everyone at this point, or something like that. He should have been there by the streets, looking for someone to help him, wondering what it was he could do at that point in time.

But the fact that he doesn't try to even look out of the alleyway (unless you left him) meant that something either changed, or you were wrong about your timeline analysis and that you found him a couple of days later than you thought.

Which is another bad thing.

If you weren't transported here at an early timeline, does that mean Tenko had been wandering for weeks now? Wouldn't that mean that the chance of All For One abducting him became higher? Like, any minute now he would come strutting in with his shitty face to start his tirade of Tenko being abandoned by the world.