7: The Voice that Asks

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

『にゃかまがいるから最強だ! 』

❝ We're together with our furiends so we can be strong! ❞

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It's not difficult to wake up when someone is patting you roughly.

In fact, they were rubbing their hand on top of your head in such a painful manner, you almost thought your head would snap any second now.

"— might hurt it." You heard someone say. "See? It's awake now."

Right as they said that, you were already shaking your dizzy head, blinking groggily to yourself. That was the most exhausting sleep you ever had; it felt as if you didn't even sleep cause you still felt tired.

And honestly, you wouldn't be surprised if you never slept at all. It's been weeks since you last had a slumber in a comfortable bed, or in any bed at all. Which sounds pretty unfair now that you think about it— shouldn't you be in a good house by now? Not just as a cute cat who can charm anyone with your pleading eyes, but also as a chosen main character of this world.

Because that's what you are: the chosen one. The only one who was able to experience traveling in a different dimension (a non-existent one at that).

Okay, you may be getting ahead of yourself there since you didn't even get transported at the main timeline of the anime. Nor did you meet the main character here.

But it still counts! You met Shigaraki Tomura, the main villain! Granted he's still Tenko and he hasn't succumbed yet to the darkness.

And you basically met Aizawa and Shirakumo too, so isn't that a sign that you are quite a blessed cat? So why can't you be gifted some kind of house or shelter or something?

When you looked past your thoughts, it was then you noticed that Tenko was the one who had been patting your head mercilessly. You were curled on his lap, and since he had been keeping his head down, you can easily see the nervous frown that displayed on his pale face.

Wait— you blinked once, squinting— his cheeks were a lot cleaner than the last time you remembered.

It was difficult to see past the shadows on Tenko's expression (you are a tiny cat compared to this little boy over here), but it didn't take long for you to spot the changes on his skin.

There were less grime and layers on his skin, fewer dried blood marks that he couldn't wash off alone by the fountain. It was as though someone had taken the time to care for him while you were asleep, and it left you both curious and curiouser.

Tenko met your gaze, and the frown on his face soon softened into a sad smile. "Sorry.." he muttered. His hand settled onto a softer pat on your fur. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's fine," you said, your tail swaying back and forth behind you. "Usually it wouldn't be fine because I rarely get any rest but because you're cute, I won't even say anything anymore."

"Your cat is really talkative."

A voice came right above you and next to Tenko at the same time. It's a familiar voice, the one that had a monotone drawl but the softness underneath it can be easily heard.

You turned your gaze upward and found a pair of dark eyes looking down at you. And the way your heart leapt off your chest almost surprised you when his stare softened.