Reminisce

"Monkey King. Monkey King! MONKEY KING!!" MK woke suddenly and found that he was being carried on Sandy's back after taking a second to realise where he was he jumped off of Sandy and looked at the others a tad confused on why he was on Sandy's back. The other pilgrims just looked at him with a soft expression minus Pigsy, who was huffing and puffing whilst saying under his breath, "About time."

Still confused, he asked why he was being carried by Sandy, which Tripitaka replied in a soft yet slightly sad voice, "After the fight with that demon, we stayed there for a day waiting for you to wake up, but when you didn't we decided to set off again to gain back some lost time." Sandy then chimed in, saying, "I offered to carry you, and Pigsy was boasting about his strength and saying that your job want 'that hard'," Pigsy then looked at Mk glared and faced away and Sandy continued, "However he found out the hard way when 4 demons came to try to take the monk in the space of 2 days."

Pigsy then let out an offended gasp. As he looked at Sandy, he then started huffing, " It was NOT hard, I just didn't fully think that what he was doing was hard, and now that he's awake he can have his job back." Monkey King just started laughing, and he covered his mouth to try and stop it, but he failed miserably. Pigsy then scoffed and turned away from him.

MK then thought about what Sandy said about how they were met with 4 demons in 2 days, so he wondered how long he'd been asleep for. Like he was reading his mind, Tripitaka said, "You were asleep for 5 days. You must have been exhausted if you slept for that long." MK then took in the words carefully, and he turned to Stick and asked if that was true, which his stick replied that it was, and he then said that when Pigsy couldn't fight the demon it helped out. After hearing that last part, he burst out laughing and fell to the floor, and Pigsy could guess what was said, and he then scoffed and started pouting just a little that he needed help from a stick.

When he had calmed down, they continued their journey and found a village not far from where they were, and as soon as they got close enough, MK recognised it immediately, realising that it was the village where he met Lin. After entering the village, he saw a couple fighting and found it entertaining, so he stood and watched, then he saw the women holding her arm and getting in the man's face yelling, "YOU ARE CRAZY!!" And she then stormed off, and Monkey King then stared at them for a minute, then tears started to fall, but he quickly wiped them away so no one could see.

However, his master noticed and went over to his side side and asked what was wrong, to which MK only replied, "Nothing I am Monkey King, nothing could ever be wrong." Tripitaka just sent him a look that said he wasn't buying it, and Monkey King just sighed, held a stick in his tail, and he then crossed his arms and said, "Fine, you caught me. I'm not fine, I just.. I miss Lin, and the couple that was fighting reminded me of a fight me and her had." Then realising he looked weak, he scoffed and said, "You happy?" Implying he didn't want to delve deeper into it.

Then, leaving the subject, they caught up with Pigsy and Sandy, who were standing outside a hotel, but the building looked strangely familiar to MK, but he couldn't place it. After entering the building, he soon realised why it was familiar when he saw a photo of him with his medal and the mayor next to him, and in the corner of the image was Lin. Pigsy wondered what he was looking at, went over and saw the photo, and asked, "So what is this doin' here?" Monkey King, deciding to humour him a bit, replied, "I saved this town from the demon who attacked us a week ago, and this is also where I...." Realising what he was about to say, he shut his mouth.

Not liking that he didn't get the full answer, Pigsy pressed further to get an answer to which Monkey King denied him, saying it was ancient history and then walking away with a sad look on his face. Wondering what was so special about the photo, he picked it up, and after the others got a room, he went over to the lady at the desk and asked about the photo. The lady replied, saying, "Thay photo was taken over 500 years ago, and it was after The Monkey King saved this viallage from a demon who called herself red girl. No one has an actual account of what happened because it was so long ago, but people say that he was defeating his 100th demon to try and get Heaven's attention and it was actually here where he met his companion who helped him save the world." Pigsy curious on who his 'companion' was asked, and she replied, "She was a girl by the name of Lin and from all the stories we've heard, she was the only one to show Monkey King any kindness as most people didn't like him either because he was a demon or because he destroyed some of their houses defeating demons."

With this new information, Pigsy thanked the lady and then went to the room where he saw Monkey King was asleep on one of the beds because he wasn't fully rested after the week without sleep. He then went over to the other 2 pilgrims and told them what the lady told him.

After finding out about Lin, the others looked to a still sleeping Monkey King and decided that in the morning, before they left, they would go around the village and see if there was any information on what happened to Lin.

TO BE CONTINUED....

(I have nothing to say also, I am sorry if the ending seems a bit rushed. I lost my phone on Wednesday and didn't get it back until Thursday, so I wasn't able to finish)