Chapter Twelve

A mouthful of disgustingly dirty water, a terrifying feeling of drowning, another blow to his pride.

Jongin struggled against Jonghyun's strength, gripping the rim of the toilet bowl in an attempt to lift his face out of the water.

By some miracle, Jonghyun decided to let Jongin up. The younger boy gasped for oxygen, before coughing out the sea of urine in his lungs.

'I guess that was enough to wash the faggot out of you,' Jonghyun sneered, causing his three friends to snicker. As usual, Taemin stayed silent and expressionless.

Still breathing heavily and occasionally coughing up more liquid, Jongin did his best to control his anger. Tears streamed down his cheeks, mixing with the awful drops of human waste.

'I hope you find a way to get rid of the smell,' Jonghyun said sweetly, before laughing loudly and leaving the male bathroom with the others following close behind.

Jongin let the tears fall freely as he dragged himself over to the large mirror that covered the back wall.

He stared at his reflection. When did he become so pitiful?

His usually soft brown hair was matted and sticking to his forehead, and his face was still dripping wet.

With a jagged sigh, he pulled the front of his shirt up to wipe his face dry. He dug around in his bag and luckily found a can of spray. After covering himself with it so as to get rid of the pungent stench of urine, he shoved it back in his bag and headed to class.

Jongin's temper calmed when he caught sight of Kyungsoo at their shared desk. With a small smile of relief, he slid into his seat beside the older.

Kyungsoo glanced at him, then back at the front of the class. 'Your hair's wet,' he stated.

'I know,' the tanned male mumbled. He mentally cursed himself for not thinking of drying it in the bathroom.

'Why?'

'Sweat.'

Kyungsoo turned to him again, this time giving him a look that said, 'you really expect me to believe that?'

Thankfully, he didn't ask any more questions.

On the other side of the classroom, Baekhyun was struggling to breathe. Literally. He didn't dare make a sound that might alert Chanyeol, who was sitting at the desk right in front of him, to his presence.

There was no seating plan for this class, so everyone usually ended up in a different seat each lesson. But today, Baekhyun was a little late, so by the time he arrived the only chair left was the one behind Chanyeol.

This was stupid. He was the one who asked Kyungsoo to get Chanyeol to notice him, but now he was silently praying the elf like boy wouldn't turn around.

There was no particular reason, but he was just too close to him! Believe it or not, Baekhyun was extremely self conscious when it came to Chanyeol.

The time came to take notes on the lesson, so Baekhyun carefully reached forward to get his pen. Much to his dismay, the pen slipped from his grip and fell to the floor with a clatter.

Before Baekhyun could react, Chanyeol was already leaning down to retrieve the pen. He picked it up and passed it back to Baekhyun with a shy smile.

Nerves washing over him, the older took the pen quickly and mumbled, 'thank you.' He wasn't sure whether Chanyeol had heard him or not until the taller chuckled quietly and turned back.

~

Two hours later, and Baekhyun was wiping down the tables of the nearby cafe, his part time job.