Chapter Fifty-Three (Final)

"Nini, where are we going?" Kyungsoo whined softly as he let himself be gently ushered along by his taller boyfriend.

It was the following evening after the Christmas party and the sun was just disappearing over the horizon, but the two boys could only see the faint glow of the sun behind the trees around them as they made their way carefully through the forest behind Jongin's house. All that could be heard was the gentle crunch of branches beneath their feet, the trees above them rustling gently in the evening breeze.

They were deep in the heart of the forest now and Jongin still hadn't told the other where they were going, simply leading Kyungsoo along and hushing him softly whenever he tried to ask where they were going.

Eventually, Jongin muttered a quiet, "we're nearly there." Moments later, the forest opened into a circular clearing surrounded by the tallest trees all around. In the middle of the clearing was a beautiful wooden cabin, complete with little flowers lining the decking and fairy lights strung up from the roof.

"Jongin, what—" Kyungsoo started, though that was all he managed before deciding to simply stare at the cabin in amazement.

"It's my secret cabin," Jongin explained with a cheeky grin pulling at his lips, allowing Kyungsoo a few minutes to stare before he resumed pulling said boy along. "My sisters and I built it with my dad when we were younger. You know, before he left and stuff."

"You made this?" Kyungsoo echoed as he looked at Jongin in disbelief, eyebrows raised and eyes wide as he gaped at his boyfriend.

With a sheepish smile, Jongin nodded. "Yeah. Come on, let's go inside." With that, he ushered Kyungsoo through the front door of the cabin after unlocking it, the latter still looking up at it all in awe.

As though he thought it couldn't get any better, Kyungsoo's jaw positively dropped as they stepped inside of the cabin, his eyes struggling to take in everything they were seeing as he whipped his head from one side to the other and back again. "Jongin.. it's so gorgeous," he breathed as he stared at the twinkling lights hung all around, casting a warm glow over the cabin and making the atmosphere feel terribly homely and comforting.

On one side was a cosy little sitting area with a beautiful stone fireplace, humongous logs waiting patiently to be lit. Just to the side of that was a compact kitchen, though it still bore enough space for two people to move comfortably around each other. A thin island separated it from the living area, with several low backed stools pulled up for the inhabitants to perch and eat their meals.

Off to the other side was a closed door which Kyungsoo assumed must lead to the bathroom, as the back wall of the cabin opened out into a considerably sized bedroom area atop a few wooden steps, meaning that it was just slightly more elevated than the rest of the cabin.

A king-sized bed sat proudly in the centre of the area against the wall, laden with pillows and cushions that looked terribly inviting. Above the bed was a row of cabinets providing a bit of a 'hole in the wall' area for the bed, making it look considerably more cosy and snug, and two thin, black-rimmed lights provided a warm orange glow over the bed.

"Can I try out the bed?" Kyungsoo asked tentatively as he glanced back at Jongin, eyes rounded in anticipation, and it took a mere nod from his boyfriend for the shorter to all but run and dive on to the bed before him.

A loud yelp was followed by a hearty laugh as Kyungsoo's body immediately sunk into the mattress, and he kicked off his shoes before snuggling under the covers with a happy sigh. "Nini, it's so comfortable," he observed, voice slightly muffled by the covers pulled up just past his chin.

Laughing softly, the younger boy placed his shoes by the front door and locked it securely before joining the other in the bed, a small smile lingering on his lips as he shuffled close to Kyungsoo under the covers. "I'm glad you like it, hyung. We can stay here for as long as we want."