09|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

" And there's communication within the different departments of the company  called networking. "

Azaan marked out the part in her book, Dua felt a little uncomfortable sitting on his bed and had a hard time concentrating on her syllabus.

" Dua kaha khoyi ho tum ? Mai kuchh padha raha hun tumhe. "

Unable to hold her curiosity anymore, she finally asked him,

" A day after your wedding, you're really just going to teach me ? Ajeeb nahi lag raha ? "

He closed the book and sighed leaning towards her,

" Two days before your exam, you decided to get married. Kya wo sahi tha Dua ? "

" Woh itna bhi galat nahi tha. "

She answered him truthfully lowering her lashes and he made her look at him putting two fingers under her chin.

" Dua tum barely 18 saal ki ho. I was tryingh to stop you from making a mistake yesterday. Kal tumhe haa nahi kehna chahiye tha. "

Dua suddenly got up feeling pissed at him for calling their marriage a mistake again and again and yelled at him. 

" Aap bhi na keh sakte the na, if it was so wrong then why did our family agree to it. Mai khud hi padh lungi, aap rehne de. "

She rushed out of the room taking her books and went to her room. Azaan sat there, feeling taken aback, she had reacted in an completely unpredictable manner. He did not understand why him stating the obvious would make her so mad.  

He decied not to follow her and give her some space because her reaction had startled him a bit.

•|•

" I thought bhai tujhe padhayenge. "

Aamirah asked when Dua demanded her to teach her. 

" I am just not in the mood to be with him. "

Aamirah looked at her face, trying to see if her sister was mad at Azaan.

" Are you feeling shy ? "

She asked but Dua gave her a glare and said,

" Appi mujhe kyu sharam aayegi, kom sa is rishtey ko koi maanta hai ghar mein. Mujhe bas unke baare me baat nahi karni. "

Aamirah nodded and started to teach her her basics. Dua was upset and it was more than evident so there was no joking around today, she sincerely studied and Aamirah was happy because she was able to cover the syllabus even though they did not have much time.

" Dua, lunch karlo. Ghanto se padh rahi ho, take a break. "

Aamirah told her sister who denied, shaking her head.

" Appi aap kha le, mai yaha baith ke padhai kar leti hun. "

Aisa bhi kya hua iske aur bhai ke beech, jo yeh itni naraaz hai ? I should ask him, maybe woh isse baat kar paye. 

With that in mind, Aamirah went out of her room. She decided to make a plate for Dua and went to the kitchen where she found Azaan pouring himself a glass of juice and smiled to herself seeing him look upset too.

" Bhai kuchh khayenge nahi ? Mai Dua ke liye khana le ja rahi hun, aapke liye bhi nikal dun ? ""

She intentionally mentioned Dua and saw his lips quiver as he asked,

" Dua neeche nahi khayegi sab ke saath ? "
Aamirah smiled at Azaan's question.

•|•

Dua heard a knock and pursed her lips. She closed her books and went and opened the door and was taken a back seeing Azaan standing there holding two plates in his hand.

" Aap yaha ? "
She asked him and he eyed the plate, Dua quickly took one and asked him to come in.

" Kuchh kaam tha aapko ? "

" Bina kaam ke nahi mil sakta tumse mai ? "
His tone was gentle and Dua gave him a side eye. They sat on the sofa and there was a good distance between them.

" Neeche sab ke saath khana kyu nahi kha rahi tum ? "
He asked and she told him simply,

" I have a lot of stuff to cover. Api me padhaya hai but fir bhi kaafi bacha hai. I didn't want to waste time. "
True to her words she kept eating while talking to him and at the same time read some notes on her phone.

Azaan saw how Dua seemed to be back to normal. She didn't seem upset anymore and himself taking a bite, casually asked her.

" Ab tum mujhse gussa nahi ho na. "

She didn't bother looking at him and still reading replied,

" Nahi bhaijaan. "
Azaan nodded but then glared at her,

" Kya ? "
She looked up, confused.

" Kya kya ? "

" Kya kaha tumne mujhe abhi ? "
Before Dua could reply, Irham came to her.

" Bhai aapne isse khila diya, thank god. Mai bas yahi dekhne aayi thi. "
Irham told him and he nodded at her before looking back at Dua again.

" Dua, kal paper dene ke baad mere saath mall chalna. Mujhe kuchh samaan lenaa hai. "

" Theek hai api. "
The brother and sister moved out of her room allowing her to study. Azaan kept his half eaten plate on the table when a call disturbed him.

" Irham please yeh rakhdo, I have to take this call. "
He requested and his sister gave him a smile before moving down the stairs.

" Hello Azaan, I've been trying to contact you since a long time. "
He heard a dark and hoarse voice he was already familiar with.

" Hmm. Thoda busy tha mai. "

Azaan heard his friend chuckle and teased him,

" Shaadi pe bulaya bhi nahi. "

" Chup karo, sab toh pata hai tumhe. "

He locked the door behind him and said again.

" Waise sharam aani chahiye tumhe, India wapas aaye aur kuchh bataya bhi nahi. "

Aryan chuckled and said,

" Aaj hi subah aaya hun. Socha tumse aur Zaraan se mil lun. "

Aryan, Azaan and Zaraan were batchmates and close friends through highschool and college. However to take over his father company, Aryan had to go under training and an internship in Dubai.

The two friends talked as Azaan found himself spacing out thinking of Dua's behaviour earlier in the day.

•••

Please vote and comment

Love
Vishakha