05 | I win

"For the fifth time, Miller, I won't lend you my notes," I assert firmly while slamming my hands on my desk. Some of my classmates give me a confused glance.

"Thompson-"

I quickly cut him off by placing my hand in front of his face. "No; I said what I said."

Despite my assertiveness, Aiden gently takes hold of my hands, removing them from his face. He then gives me a "sad" expression before the corners of his mouth turn up in a playful smile.

Rolling my eyes at his antics, I snatch my hands out of his grip and say, "You really know how to push my buttons, Miller."

"Only you"was all he said in his playful voice while giving me a wink.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and disgust.

We're currently in AP LANG, the first class that I have with Aiden, which is one of my least favourite classes, obviously. The start of the bet started today, as Aiden reminded me yesterday during that pointless call.

As the period started, Aiden wasted no time in annoying me. Despite the fact that it was a free period for us to prepare for our upcoming test, I struggled to focus due to the fact that I had this idiot beside me.

I start biting my pencil, something I usually do when I'm confused. I'm currently stuck on this question that I've been rereading for what seems like an eternity. English isn't my strongest suit. Even though it's the language that I speak on a regular basis, It's still not my best.

"B." Aiden leans close to me. I turn my head. Our faces are inches apart from each other. Catched off guard, I quickly avert my gaze back. "What?"

"It's B, Thompson," he repeats, his finger pointing resolutely at the letter B on the page.

I scoff "I don't need your help, Miller", knowing that I needed help.

"I noticed you being stuck on this for a while, Thompson," he sneered, rolling his eyes at my stubbornness.

"Ok, it wasn't that long, and plus, I knew the answers; I just needed to do my calculations." I huffed.

"We're in English, Thompson; what calculations could you possibly be doing?" He recounted that, while adjusting his sleeves and seeking the opportunity, I took the chance to scan his outfit.

He's currently wearing the uniform—a button-up long-sleeved shirt paired with a slightly loose tie.
The uniform hugs his body nicely—I can give him that.

"Whatever, Miller," I say, dismissing him while turning my attention back to the sheets of papers plastered around on my desk. Taping my pen to my desk

After some thinking, the answer truly was B. Of course, he's right. Aiden has always been very good at English, while I, on the other hand, am not so good. Don't get me wrong, I'm good, but not that much compared to him.

15 minutes later

The class is totally quiet now, the only sound being the hum of the ceiling fans. Everyone was immersed in their thoughts and deep in their study sessions.

Even Aiden, which comes as a surprise to me, stopped bothering me a couple of minutes ago after I kept on brushing him off, not attempting to start our bickering, knowing that would result in me getting nothing done this whole period.

I glance in his direction, taking in his demeanour. He sat up right in his chair, jaw clenched, something I noticed he usually does when he's concentrated. His glasses were perched precariously on his nose; I also noticed him with them on sometimes. I'm pretty sure they're reading glasses. His intense focus was evident in the way he held his body still, his eyes fixed on the page before him. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Aiden looks kind of hot.