14 | Preparations

"Man, I can't wait for the football game!" Khelani exclaimed with a huge grin on her face.

"Totally! It feels like forever since we had one at school," Ciara replied, sharing Khelani's excitement.

I closed my locker with a tired sigh and rubbed my eyes. "Wait, you guys are actually going to the game?"

"Of course! And you're coming with us, Zhe," they both chimed in.

I groaned. "Should I? I mean, it's not really my thing."

Ciara playfully squished my cheeks, declaring , "We're going to make it your thing, trust me!"

I grinned, "Alright, alright. Let's just hit up the washroom before class.I seriously need to fix this hot mess of a look."

As we strolled towards the washroom, I caught sight of the mirror and hurriedly made my way over.

"Leigha, are you going to go for it?" I overheard someone ask.

"Yeah, I hope Aiden digs it" a soft voice replied.

My curiosity piqued. I looked up and realized it was Leigha Windsor, one of the cheerleaders. She's known all over the school for her looks and most importantly because her family funds this school.

"I'm planning to give it to him during the football game tomorrow. Fingers crossed, he's into it," she whispered shyly.

"Leigha, he's going to be all over it. You're drop-dead gorgeous and super sweet," her friend reassured, giving her a comforting rub on the back.

"I'm just so nervous, you know? There are tons of girls asking him out. What makes me stand out?"

Her friend let out a sigh and said, "Aiden's a good guy, so don't expect the worst. Just go for it, alright?"

Just as the bell rang, they hurried off.

Both Ciara and Khelani exchanged a knowing glance before letting out a scoff. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What's going on?" I asked

Khelani raised both eyebrows and smirked. "Good luck with that" she said, her tone filled with amusement.

I looked at her, still puzzled. "What do you mean?"

Ciara jumped in to clarify. "What we're trying to say is that Aiden has turned down every single girl who has ever asked him out. It's like a known fact."

I tilted my head, genuinely surprised. "Really? I had no idea."

Thinking about it I never saw that cocky bastard with a girl, or like a girlfriend. He did sometimes talk about how girls are all over him but never said he had a girlfriend.

They exchanged another look, and Ciara shook her head with a playful smile. "And that's why we say you live under a rock."

I shrugged. "I just don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff. Besides, why would I care about Aiden's love life?"

They both nodded, giving me a look.

"Alright, class," the teacher announced. "Today, we will be continuing our work from yesterday. Please pair up with the person sitting beside you and continue where you left off."