twenty-five

°。

°。

time moved slow.

agonizingly slow.

mending a blade took a long time, and she didn't want to disrupt her swordsmith. due to that, there was absolutely nothing to do. 

everyone in the village had a job. there were food sellers, importers, kakushi, and, hence the name of the village, swordsmiths. in summary, nobody had time to really sit down for a chat. 

then, a sudden thought popped into her head.

'there's a training area here, isn't there?'

she now had something to do.

°。

the village was like a maze. well, it would've been less of a labyrinth if someone could help. you couldn't ask anyone for directions, as they all had duties to attend to. yes, the area was bustling. bustling with busy people. she'd gotten shoved more than a few times.

maybe those hyottoko masks were the cause of the clumsiness. where were the eye holes? how were they supposed to see? were their senses just that good?

so, yeah. she was lost. and a bit lonely. she usually liked being alone, but the words lonely and alone were different. being alone was a choice. being lonely was not. you could be alone without being lonely, and you could be lonely without being alone. you could be lonely in a room full of people, actually. not that she ever cared too much for things like that, but it was just what her mind drifted off to at the moment.

she stopped in front of a sign.

TRAINING

oh! she found it. she was always a little directionally challenged, even in areas she knew.

this was not a place she knew, yet she found a place she was looking for. and that gave her a sense of accomplishment. not much to feel happy about, but sometimes the little things mattered the most to her. usually at times like this.

°。

each slash at the dummy mutilated it more and more, causing huge dents in the wood.

finally, it was sliced in half.

she wasn't satisfied. the slash was rough. it needed more fluidity. she wanted it to slide through the wood with ease.

her slashes were always great, but she knew she could improve on finishing blows. so now she was working towards having smoother slices.

however, she also wanted less force in each blow. energy conservation was also something she believed she lacked in sometimes.

yes, her beheading slashes worked, but they could be much better if she saved more energy. her more ferocious techniques, like storm surge sometimes took away from strength she could've utilized.

in other words, it was using excess energy.

if she wanted to, she could slice through the dummy in one blow. but that wasn't her intention.

there were two goals in this training.

1: conserve strength

2: fluid attacks while preserving energy

for now, some progress had been made. now she was gonna test it.

on one dummy, she used one of her attacks, twilight zone with the force she'd always used before. the dummy split in half.

on the other, she adjusted her stance, flexed her arm muscles less, but increased the speed. using the same attack, the dummy still split in half. some of the ground below it also dealt damage.

if she focused more on speed, than she'd have considerable stamina left by the end of future fights.

this discovery would help her a lot more in altercations that were bound to happen soon.

putting the practice blade away, she walked back to her room—not getting lost in the process—and took a well needed nap.

°。

hiiii

my kny obsession is over sadly but I will still try to make small updates when i can... here's another interlude for now

next arc will be coming very soon but updates are now considerably more inconsistent

here's a small keyboard smash as my apology

dcldbsh

ok byeeee

unedited