37. Midnight Blues, Twilight Hues

Taehyung mumbles, "Hobi Hyung really said 'friendly fire', huh?" and you all laugh.

Out of the corner of your eye you notice Hobi's shoelaces untied. You bend down to tie them for him.

"There, now you won't fall" you say to him.

Hobi's POV:

Too late.

I tied her laces before, she's just returning the favour. Then why is my heart beating out of my chest?

Is it the alcohol? Probably.

Oh God she's smiling at me. Yeah it's not the Alcohol, it's her.

I've always been everyone's safe place, and I'm glad that my friends do trust me enough to be that for them but there's always this inkling of me not being anything without it.

But y/n, she's different. I just know she wouldn't mind if I were to shut down and just sit there. She doesn't make me feel like I always have to be sunshine and rainbows.

It's just so easy with her, she makes me feel like I can breathe.

End of hobi's POV

Sometime passes and now your home. Taehyung and Jungkook have left and Hobi is back in Jin and Yoongi's apartment.

Your phone rings.

"Jimin!" you exclaim as you dig through your pockets to find your phone

"Hello?" you start.

"My baby!" you hear his voice. It immediately makes you smile. He makes you smile so hard that someone could tell you're smiling even without looking at you.

"Did you get home safe, chim?"

"It's not home without you, love." He speaks softly. His delicateness is magical. You smile and shake your head.

"I wish you could've stayed longer" you say while laying down on your bed.

"I wish I could keep you in my pocket" he replies. You giggle.

"I could fall asleep to the sound of your little laughs" he says.

"You're so cheesy" you mumble.

"Cz you love the cheese." He replies. He's right. Extra cheese, always.

"Mhmm" you smile and mumble into the phone, starting to get sleepy.

"I still have work to do, so I'll be awake for a while" he says.

"Do you need any help with it?" you offer.

"No, muffin, I'm saying I'll be awake. Close your eyes, switch off your lights and fall asleep for me love."

"Like, on call?" you ask to make sure. You can hear him smile.

"Yes, like we have before hundreds of times baby. When I listen to you snoring after a while and I just know my girl is sleeping soundly, because I'll be right here to handle everything else. You know?"