The Night Shift

Hi there, my names Kate Walker and this is my weird experience when working the night shift.
______________________________________

I was working at a fast food place, the name was Bob's Burgers, a messy place that lingered with rats, and dirty walls and such.

Well, I was 24 at the time, I wanted to make it big in the world, just like my friend, Amy, Amy also wanted to make it big as well, since she was the one who encouraged me to take the job and was experienced. She spent days bustling tables and washing dishes that she was employee of the month.

And as you probably guessed, we worked the night shift, well- not really, we only worked night shifts because employees were usually absent and many nights we would take orders from drunk people who were kicked out from the club or random and weird strangers that would usually come around right when we were closing.

But one night, we were met by a strange and weird man, the man had reeked of beer and his breath had also reeked of alcohol.

I asked, "Good Night, Sir, may I take your order?"

He said "I want a big burger, with large fries and a drink" he replied. "Also can you add some ketchup on the side?"

I said that we were out of ketchup packets since customers would always ask for some, or it would be the employees taking them for their lunch breaks.

After that I told him the total, and gave me the cash.

I told Amy to start working on the order as I counted the dollar bills he gave me, as Amy finished up the man's order, I was done counting the dollars. She grabbed a plate and gave the man his food, in which he looked at Amy weirdly.

He started to chew slowly, eating and eating all of the fries while looking at Amy. I decided to step into the situation, I told him to stop staring, I guessed maybe he was getting more impacted by the alcohol.

"Hey sir, can you stop looking at Amy?" I asked.

But the man looked at me with a cold expression, he told me to shut up before he'll slap me.

I was shocked, as me and Amy backed away from him, Amy backed to the cash register to keep a fair distance between the man and her, as I went outside to take a smoke break.

I went back inside to see the man, as he grabbed Amy by the hand forcefully.

He yelled "Your coming with me! Don't make a sound!"

I stood there like a statue, shocked, he saw me walk in and put on a wicked grin, his eyes got wide as a smiled creaked up his cheeks, with Amy's screams lingering after.

He shoved Amy on the ground, and saw a knife laying on the counter, he grabbed it.

Soon, this wave of courage came over me, as I ran and shoved him onto the ground, the man was left astonished and baffled that I would do such a thing.

I grabbed Amy's hand, as I helped her up from the floor, the man got up with his knife and grabbed me by the hand, he put his arm over my neck and a knife in the other, raising it forward.

It felt like I was meeting death, as Amy screamed.

She cried, her cries echoed through the empty dinner, she cried and pleaded for him to not stab me,

The man threw me to the ground, he said "she'll live, but you wont.."

He stabbed her in the neck, as she screamed, her eyes slowly closed as blood scattered everywhere.

I saw him throw her lifeless body on the ground, I ran out the dinner and ran for the cops, I saw a cop car by a nearby telephone pole, I screamed for their help.

They acted quickly and got out their doors, they ran to the dinner in a hurry, seeing the bloody Massacre that lay Infront of their eyes.

The man was shaking by her body with a wicked grin, he smiled, "I knew this was gonna happen

______________________________________

EPILOGUE:

The man was arrested, his name was Robert Knotts, a inmate in a high security prison, he was charged before with assault, murder and sexual assault before, he was known as a strange man with dark and intrusive thoughts.

Now, I'm in New York, I am sitting in my living room, scared of his presence.

I will NEVER work the night shift again.