The Stalker

My Name is Oliver, and I'll tell you a story from my younger years as a young adult.
______________________________________
A few years ago, I and my friends, Penelope and Jessica moved to a new home, we were gonna be roommates and live in that house for a while until we got on our feet.

After leaving college and in debt, we worked our butts off for a house to live in together, so we saved up enough to go into an apartment which had three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The house was nice, with forgotten pictures from older residents who must have moved away.

I must say, I was out in town alot, especially at nights where I wanted to be by myself and think to myself, Penelope and Jessica had jobs as I did too.

I worked as a cashier at a store, on some nights after my shift, I would shop before the store closed.  Jessica worked as an ice cream scooper, Penelope had a small babysitting job in her hands.

And after my night shift,  I decided to go out on the town with my friends, we went to bars and cafés, I barely did anything at those places.

At the bar, Jessica said "Well I'll be going home with Penelope, are you coming? If your not, I'll pick you up if your done."

I said no stupidly, not knowing the trouble I would invade soon.

As I watched them go in their car. I waved them goodbye, a few hours later I walked out the bar and forgot to call them, I didn't know I left my phone in the bar.

I walked down the sidewalk, as the cold breeze decided to blow in as I got downtown, downtown was a really run down place, and I somehow ended up on a dark part of the street.

I walked down the street, seeing a strange figure, I approached and saw a strange man, the man was in a formal tuxedo, with a strange expression.

I decided to ignore the man, when getting out of the area I heard footsteps, as they picked up, it sounded like running, I looked behind me to see the man who turned away again.

So I picked up the pace and ran into the park, I ran all the way home, confused and scared.

When I got in the apartment, Jessica said she tried to call me. It was now 12: 50 and I could see why she was scared.

I checked the pockets of my hoodie to feel nothing around.

She noticed I was out of Breath and gave me a glass of water as I told her what happened.

I said "some strange man was in a tuxedo and when I got out of that area I heard footsteps and they picked up..so I ran all the way home.."

She said "Well, I hope he wasn't chasing you, since the bars closing, let's go get it."

We went outside and got in her car, as we drove to the bar I saw the owner locking the door as I asked him to reopen it, he did so, as he went in to grab my phone I asked for.

I went out to see Jessica's car gone, I decided to walk around, and saw a fence broken, it was through the forest trail, I ran to see Jessica's car crashed in a tree.

I saw Jessica's lifeless body hanging from the door, as I saw Penelope crawling out, she got up and ran to me.

She cried, "CALL THE COPS! CALL THE COPS!"

I did so and asked what happened as her cries echoed through the trees.

She said "A strange man waved us down and ran us off the road..and we crashed even though she swirved.."

I grabbed her hand and ran through the forest, trying to find a clearing in the chaos.

As I saw the same man, masked with a smiling mask, he ran to us with an axe, throwing it into Penelope's back.

I decided to keep running, as I turned to see the man reclaim the axe from her back, as she swinged his axe in her back, and decapitated her head.

I burst through the gates of the forest trail, and saw a clearing, cops waiting outside, as the man threw the axe again, I dodged it as the axe landed in a officers head.

As the officers thought to aim and shoot, I went beside them as they fired bullets into the man's chest.

The man fell lifeless, his mask came off.

______________________________________

EPILOGUE:

The Man's identity was unknown, as he must've stayed low from crime, but they did reveal he killed 5 others, they suspected he must've done killing for a while.

This is why I'm NEVER going out on the town at night.