Mission failed | Gaz

I'm trying something new with the writing, so just hang with me.

Today wasn't a good day for the Garrick couple, Y/n and Kyle. They had been on a mission early in the morning only for Y/n to be critically injured after a bomb went off.
You were launched against a wall as a section of rebar stabbed all the way through your stomach, nearly missing your spine and pinning you to the wall. The building was going to come down, and you were panicking. Luckily, Gaz and Ghost ran in because they knew you didn't make it out of the building in time. Gaz panicked and nearly began crying when he saw a rebar pinning you to the wall. "No!" Your husband ran up to you as tears ran down your face.
Ghost's eyes show great worry and fear, but his voice is deep and calm. "Oh shit." The rebar was only a couple of feet long, but the other 3 feet were jammed through the wall, sticking out the other side.
You weren't going to make it, and Gaz knew that. They couldn't pull you off the rebar without you bleeding out even more before getting you to the hospital. And the rebar was so jammed into the wall that it was impossible to keep it in to get you to the hospital. "K-kyle.." You stuttered as you reached for him. The pain in your stomach was excruciating and clouded your thoughts.
"Yes, love." Gaz took your hand and stepped to you, resting his other hand on your cheek.
"You have t-to go." You whispered, then winced in pain. "You h-have to leave m-me." You squeezed his hand.
Gaz shook his head. "No. Fuck no. I'm not leaving you here."
"Kyle please." You cried softly as your breath got heavy. "I'm not gon-"
"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Y/n." He whispered and the panic in his eyes made your heart ache. "You're gonna be fine. I'm going to get you out of here and we're gonna go home. We're… we're gonna be okay." He said frantically as the building shook violently. His eyes moved down to the rebar and tears welled up in his eyes. He didn't know how to help you and it broke his heart.
"Gaz! Ghost! Y/n! You've got to get out of there!" Dammand Captain Price's voice in your ear pieces.
Ghost looked around the building and flinched when a part of the ceiling fell in. "Gaz.." Ghost turned back to Y/n and Gaz.
"No! I'm not leaving." Gaz cried as he squeezed your hand.
"Kyle please." You whispered before reaching up and grabbing your dog tag. You ripped the chain and placed the necklace in Gaz's hand. "Please go.." your version went blurry as the ringing in your ear got louder.
"No. No, no, no, no. No!" Gaz clinched the neck as he looked into your eyes. "I can't leave you." He whispered and pressed his forehead against yours.
"I love you… Kyle" you muttered before your body was limp and your hand dropped from his.
"Y/n?" Gaz cupped your face and lifted your face as your eyes closed. "Y/n?!" He yelled and began shaking. The building started to collapse. "Y/n, no! You can't do this!" He cried
Ghost ls head dropped and he sighed softly. "We have to go, Sargent." He ordered Gaz.
"No!" Gaz yelled and tears ran down his cheeks. The building continued to come down, leading Ghost to grab Gaz and forcefully pull him out. "Get the fuck of me!" Gaz shouted as he tried to fight his way back in. "Let me go!"
Ghost ignored Gaz's cries as he pulled him out. Ghost already lost one friend. There was no way he was losing another one.

This one sucks. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm not good with angst. I just wanted to give it a try. I'll write better chapters for Gaz in the future. It's what he deserves.

Keegan is next.