Chapter 2.2

Hi lovelies

This chapter was supposed to be out on 28 October (viz two weeks away). But, your girl had a rather unproductive week and so have edited this chapter to relax and calm myself down and enjoy my weekend, since my next week is loaded.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the next chapter

PS I am working on chapter 26 of 'Beginning of Love' and will be out by tomorrow..!!

Date published - 13 Oct

2112 words!!

(NOW BACK TO THE STORY!!)

Khushi was at work trying to decide if she could reply to someone's stupid question seriously or sarcastically. She was frustrated with everything and everyone around her. Just having lost Abhi (Abhinav - her boyfriend), everyone looked at her with sympathy & were constantly pitying and consoling her. And Khushi felt tired and irritated at times. She decided that next time if she was ever in a relationship, she would keep it private.

Khushi was wrapping up work and just when she was about to leave the office, she got a voice message from Arnav, almost two hours ago.

"Wanna, like- I mean, if you are not busy...We could get dinner? Or even just coffee if you don't have a lot of time?"

Khushi replied - "No, Busy. Maybe some other time."

Arnav stared at Khushi's message and got more worried and concerned for her. Akash told him that Khushi was not doing so well and was keeping to herself for the past few weeks. It was understandable since Khushi just lost her boyfriend.

Next day, Arnav came to Khushi's house surprising her parents since it was only 7 on Saturday morning. Arnav took a chance since he knew that Khushi would be sleeping as she was never a early riser. But, he was rather shocked to see her awake, freshly showered and watering her plants in the garden (which is at the back of the house)

But it was not the Khushi he knew. Her eyes cold, hollow and lifeless, like she had not been getting enough sleep. Her skin pale and dull. Her smile not reaching her eyes, like always used to.

She seemed like the ghost of her past self. The grumpy version of his sunshine.

Khushi spotted Arnav, smiling at her.

Khushi - "How can you be this happy this early in the morning?"

Arnav - "Oh, I'm sorry, ms. Grumpy."

Khushi -"I'm not grumpy. Not everyone can smile all the time."

Arnav managed to drag Khushi out for breakfast and took her to her favorite breakfast place, that they used to go with their parents when they were kids.

Khushi, checking out the menu - "Why do you always manage to persuade me with your charms?"

Arnav thought that she would order her favorite, choco chip pancake which was her all time favourite since they were kids.

He was rather surprised when she ordered blueberry lemon cheesecake waffles. Maybe he didn't know her as well as he thought.