Margot

Willow's POV

"We did a lot of work today, but we still have a little left to do," Lexi tells me.

"Ya. Let's find another time to finish it. I'll text you later, okay?"

"Okay..." I stare into her mesmerizing eyes. She isn't wearing her glasses anymore. I wonder why, but I didn't want to make her aware that I noticed such a thing. Seconds pass and neither of us move an inch. All I can do is take in her beauty.

I suddenly realize I've been staring too intently. "Um...Well...See you tomorrow then..." I say awkwardly. Lexi gives me a friendly smile in return and I watch as she walks to her car.

That went better than I thought, considering Lexi makes me want to strangle her half of the time. Well, that might be a little extreme, but she does piss me off. There's just something about her. Maybe it's the fact that she's dating my brother.

I mean truth be told that's the reason me and Margot stopped being friends. Given it was a lot more complicated than that. Things between us went south long before Easton and her got together, but that was the breaking point.

The moment I found out about them being a couple I felt the biggest betrayal in my life. I never used to give two shits about who my brother dated, but because of Margot I suddenly care. She's the reason that I don't like Lexi, because no matter what I do, her being East's girlfriend just reminds me of my ex-best friend.

Margot, Kayla, and I used to be the closest of friends, the perfect trio, but then Margot and I's relationship suddenly soured. Not even Kayla knows the truth behind it. She just thinks that I didn't like the fact that Margot was dating my brother. To be clear I didn't, however, it so much more.

I can never tell Kayla. I mean I've been hiding the truth for so long she would hate me. How could I ever tell her that I'm the reason Margot went off the deep end, not Easton, that I caused them to break up, that Margot moved away because she couldn't stand to look at me because all I did was bring her tears.

I loved Margot. I loved her as more than friends, but I was too deep in my denial to realize that until it was too late. I'm not talking about by the time she moved on to Easton because I wouldn't admit my feelings to her, or even when I told her that my brother was cheating on her with another girl, which led to their very messy breakup.

I didn't even admit it to myself when she came to me crying, telling me that she couldn't bear to be around me, or when I saw her car drive down the street for the last time. I didn't accept it until that day in the cafeteria when I saw Lexi kissing Easton and then I went and hooked up with some guy so I could forget about my feelings.

So I guess that's why I hate her. There is nothing bad about her. That's what makes this even worse. Lexi is perfect. She is smart, pretty, nice and I think she might actually make Easton a better person. I hate her because I hate myself for what I did.

I never apologized to Margot. She's out there blaming me for making her life miserable and she has every right too. I made her think that she was crazy for ever believing that there was something between us. I have to tell her that I'm sorry.

I pick up my phone and click on Margot's contact. I press call and let the phone ring. It goes to voicemail. I wait for the recording to beep. "Margot," I croak out. I hadn't realized that I had been crying.

"I am so sorry. I know I am probably the last person you want or should be hearing from, but I just had to tell you that I am sorry. I was an idiot and I made you feel like one too. I kept denying when I knew deep down that you were right," I say to the voicemail.

I sit there contemplating what I'm going to say next. "I loved you Margot. I truly loved you and I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I know that none of this is going to make anything right, but I just needed to tell you this."

I hang up and toss my phone across the room. I break out into tears and cry for what feels like hours until I fall asleep with only one person on my mind. Margot.