ONE, cupid's aim sucks

IN HISTORY CLASS, Kinsley and Amelie sat in the college class, listening to Becca go on and on about the meaning behind Valentine's Day

IN HISTORY CLASS, Kinsley and Amelie sat in the college class, listening to Becca go on and on about the meaning behind Valentine's Day. "Oh c'mon." Kinsley rolls her eyes, looking over to her best friend.

"Miss Watson, Do you have something you'd like to add?" The professor called on her, "It's just that, that the story isn't really accurate." Kinsley told the professor, making all the students turn around and start to watch.

"Kins." Amelie alerted the blonde, not wanting to cause a scene. "It's fine, Am. I got this." She reassured her best friend and went back to talking.

The professor sat with her arms crossed as she stared down Kinsley, her patience wearing thin. "Oh do enlighten me, Ms. Kinsley. How is your version of the story?"

All the other students watched their classmates in amusement and anticipation. "It's not my version, Professor. It's the version." Kinsley started to stand.

"How about I prove it to you." She handed the professor her phone, opened the website she wanted her to see.

The professor took it from her and started to read, before looking back up to Kinsley. "Oh, well... It looks like you're right." Amelie hid her smirk, while the other students all looked to each other in surprise.

"It happens sometimes." Kinsley shrugged, before turning back to face her classmates. "Valentine's Day is not what you think it is. It's not a romantic day. Far from it, actually."

The students were now completely silent, their full attention on her. Becca spoke up. "Well, regardless. The point is that it has sentimental value to people, it's about love!"

"Maybe you're right," Kinsley said begrudgingly to Becca. "But it's a dumb holiday." The words didn't come out as sharp as they had sounded in Kinsley's head. It's always hard for her to keep her mouth shut.

The students in class were all still watching filled with anticipation. Becca smirked, waiting for her chance to hit Kinsley back. "Alright, Alright. Class Dismissed." The professor interrupted before anything could happen.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Amelie and Kinsley walk along the path, Amelie eating her lunch while Kinsley rants about the last class. "She can't just make up lies about Valentine's Day and then tell the everybody that's how the story goes." Kinsley says, frustrated at Becca's presentation.

"Yeah, she totally lied. It was honestly embarrassing." Amelie agreed with Kinsley. "But then again... She did kinda have a point. What even is V-day, anyways?" Amelie chewed on a big bite of her sandwich as she walked. "It's definitely not about love."

"Actually, you're wrong about that. It was originally about love." Kinsley said, as if she couldn't let anyone be wrong but her.

She stopped in her tracks, staring at her childhood bestie with an expressionless face that meant nothing but trouble. "Don't even argue, Amelie. You're not gonna win this one."