FOUR, waiting room

THE BLONDE WALKED around in the hospital waiting bay, overthinking the situation

THE BLONDE WALKED around in the hospital waiting bay, overthinking the situation. She had grabbed a paper cup and poured herself a cup of coffee, trying and to calm herself down.

Walking back to where Zach was getting checked up at, she noticed an older couple surrounded by him. "Where you texting?" Kinsley overheard the older man ask.

"No, he wasn't texting but he did end up breaking his phone." Kinsley pushed past the glide hospital curtains, and handing the older couple his phone - who seemed to be his parents.

"Who are you?" The older man questioned quickly taking Zach's phone, both of them interested into who this girl was.

"I'm Kinsley." In an effort to atone for her earlier rudeness, the blonde remarked softly and flashed a tiny grin.

The woman paused and stared at her full of awe. "Kinsley. As in the Kinsley." Smiling and glaring at her, she wondered with optimism in her voice.

"Uh, yeah," Kinsley said, casting a short glance over towards Zach before returning to face the couple yet again, not fully understanding what she meant.

"Awh, Zach has done nothing but talk about you." Zach's mother grinned happily, a smile glowing and growing on her face.

"Awh! Zach hasn't done anything other than talk about you." Zach's mother smiled brightly, a smile spreading across her face.

Crossing her arms across her chest and trying not make herself look wary, the girl's brows squeezed in unease. "He's uhm, has?"

"Mom!" Zach whined lazily while resting back in bed, hinting to his mom to stop talking. "Okay, well, he's mentioned you once or twice." The lady smiled, very happily.

"We barely even know each other." Kinsley responded, her uncertainty now obvious to the other people in the room as she was attentive to the woman's remarks, attempting to understand what she might be trying to convey.

"You've been dating for what like - two maybe three weeks now?" The woman grinned slyly not wanting her son to complain again.

Kinsley glanced towards Zach before turning back to the couple, her hazel eyes widening as she did so, "Dating?" She asked, her voice surprised much like her expressions.

"Mom." Zach cleared his throat, "Could you not? Please?" He pleaded tiredly and glanced towards Kinsley with a soft smile, "I'm sorry."

Kinsley frowned down at him, but she didn't have time to wonder why as Zach's father resumed talking, "You were with him during the accident, right?"

"You were the one who called 911?" He re-asked, plainly still seeking for a explanation of the incident. Before Kinsley was able to answer - the doctor has spoken up, "Okay, I'm gonna release Zach now."

"Please no screens for 72 hours, blue light can make his symptoms worse." He explains, "Make sure to stay hydrated and rest."

"He will get his memory back though, right?" Kinsley questioned, pursed lips. "Just stick to a stress free routine. Keep it simple." The doctor nodded in response.

"I'm sorry, but we have a family ski trip planned for this weekend." Zach's father brought up the issue, hoping the doctor was going to understand.

"As long as he stays off the slope and rests, you should be fine." He stated as he left the room through the curtains to continue working.

Zach slipped his hand on top of Kinsley's while she rested hers on the bed, even though it was all so awkward to her it felt comforting.

"You're coming home with us so that we can keep an eye on you." Zach's mother raised an eyebrow then gesturing towards Kinsley, beaming a smile at her, "And young lady, you are coming over for dinner!"

"No..No it's fine." Zach's hand was less tightly held by Kinsley as she started to cancel. "We insist." They smiled in unison, "I'm a fabulous cook." As he grinned at the blonde girl, Zach's father made a vow.

Even Zach started to agree while he laid in bed. "Uh, yeah sure." Kinsley gave in, "Let me just call my roommate - to tell her where I will be." She stumbled trying to exit into the other room.

Kinsley walks back into the waiting area and speed dials her best friend, almost panicking. "Hey! Kins where are you?" Amelie asked on the phone.

"Uhm funny story so I'm at the hospital." Kinsley began, "With Zach Maclaren." She spoke quietly, slouching up against the wall.

Amelie burst into laughter over the other end. "No way!" she cried into the phone. "Girl... tell me details." she commanded.

"Basically, he came into the bookstore and i made him get hit by a car - by that wasn't entirely my shirt. Anyways, he now has a concussion and kinda thinks I'm his girlfriend." Kinsley explained rapidly.

Amelie started laughing hysterically on the other end of the phone. "You almost killed him?" Amelie asked through her laughter. "And you think he believes he's your boyfriend? He's not? Oh, oh wait he is dating a Kinsley." Marie realised, her voice softening.

"Wait what? Kinsley, Kinsley who?" She shook her head. "Kinsley Moore - captain of the women's soccer team." Amelie replied, "You guys actually do look alike. There, I just sent you her Insta." Kinsley's phone dinged at the message.

Kinsley opened the message, taking in the pictures of the beautiful blonde athlete. If only she had the same appealing appearance she did, "Woah."

"Kins, believe me - you are much prettier than she is. Maybe less athletic but you have the brains." Marie tried to cheer her roommate up but failed.

Kinsley attempted to respond, but the doctor spotted her as he rounded the corner, "Oh hey. Make sure Zach takes it easy this weekend. Nothing that will upset him or his symptoms could get worse." Kinsley nodded, as the doctor walked away.

"That was the doctor. What the hell do I do?!" She sighs softly. "Umm... Just make it clear you're not his..." Amelie pauses, processing the situation, unable to find the right answer.

"Kins, you're already living that romance novel life. Go with it!" Amelie smiled, "He's only a little concussed. He'll be fine." She adds.

"Are you telling me to lie to him?" Kinsley is shocked by the advice. "I can't go out with him when he believes I'm someone else... that's so messed up!" Kinsley shook her head.

"You do remember that I'm not the type to string the boys along, Amelie." She sighed, with her head leaned against the wall.

"Well you don't want to be the cause of him getting worse, do you?" Amelie asked smiling wide knowing what she's be getting her friend into.

"No, I guess not." Kinsley gave in. "Then it's settled." Amelie cheered on the other side of the phone, "Your welcome." She said in a sing-song way.

lish speaks !

short and quick chapter !! why did this take me so long to write, ugh !