28. Overbearing affection

This is so awkward.

Everyone is staring at like I'm a alien or something.

Kim Rohen and his wife has brought me here to my parents and sister, her fiance. Everyone was laughing and smiling at each other except of Kim Taehyung of course.

But when they saw me their smile got wiped instantly. Kim Taehyung and Roseanne looked so shocked on the other hand my father stare at me with shocked, anger. My mother was taken a back but then It's like she doesn't care. She had a detest look on her. But the best part was my parents didn't even try to hide their expression from me. I just watch them with my stoic expression.

I don't feel good here. I feel suffocated.

"Look Kairon y/n also arrived." Mrs Kim said giggling. Watching her my mother immediately smile politely.

"Hiii, y/n. You came?" why didn't you tell us? Anyways you look so beautiful." Rose said as she unwrapped her hand from Taehyung and pulled me into a hug.

Why she is acting like we talk to each other and are in good terms. This hug is uncomfortable, my stomach is clenching. I never returned the hug neither my expression changed. It feel like a random person suddenly hugged me out of nowhere.

When she realized I didn't returned it she slowly got off me. From the corner of my eyes I can see my father and mother glaring at me.

"Hello Rose. How are you?" I asked, keeping my tone neutral.

"I'm good. D-did you came alone? Why didn't you told us." her voice is like honey, no wonder people can't help but to adore her. But her eyes saying something else. She is having a hard time adjusting under my dominating presence. It's like she is too fragile and will break if I continue standing here. She doesn't have this problem with her fiance maybe because they're together from childhood.

I just can't let my guard down. If I don't become dominate predictor, then I'll be crash down in this hall of hungry animals. I refused to be crashed.

"I came with Rowan." I answer, my father and mother looked irritated at me but my answer changed thier expression. Not just their but also Rose and Taehyung.

Taehyung clenched his jaw. Why does he have a problem with Rowan? They never had any bad blood. Is it because once Rowan used to work under him and now in almost same level as him? Is it male ego thing or something else.

I just nod at his acknowledging his presence to which he did the same.

"You know Rowan Hayes?" My dad asked glaring at me.

"Yes." I replied curtly. I honestly doesn't know how to put a normal conversation with this people's.

"How?" he asked suspiciously like all the people who used to think we had affair or something. But to my surprise this man doesn't know. Almost all people in this field know so does others. But looks like this man doesn't want to know a single thing about me.

"We are friends since uni." I replied

"I had offered him my case with huge sum but he refused. Talk to him, to take my case." he ordered. My father is having legal issue with another company in which my father is at fault. He has Over cross them and they have prove so he needed Rowans help. But Rowan refused, this case is a bullshit.

"He is not my dog to order. There he is talk with him yourself." I didn't let the irritation show in my voice or face but my words were definitely not polite.

"Y-you how dare you talk your father like this." My mother dearest said firmly. I do not want to fight but this people is getting on my nerve. It also makes me upset I didn't expected a warm welcome or something but still they are my blood parents. They act like my enemy more than a birth giver. No matter how much I try It's still hurts. They have this negative bitter impact on me Or It's just I'm the bitter one?

"Oh hiiii y/n. There you are, I have been looking for you everywhere." A cheering familiar voice said from behind. Tae Sumi cling into my hand happily. This girl is always so happy and positive unlike me and my cold self.

"Oh, miss Roseanne,Hello. You look very beautiful. " Sumi greeted her co-star. They are rivals in their field but neither of them act like that cause of their sweet nature they personally doesn't like each other but doesn't hate either. Tae Sumi is the only person who has given Rose a taugh competition. My parents just hate her.

"Thank you miss Tae Sumi. You look good yourself." Rose said looking between me and Sumi they all are actually. Cause if it was anyone they wouldn't dare to come near me but then this girl holding my hands like we're friends but I'm not pushing her away. But the look on Kim Taehyung face shows nothing just glaring behind me.

"Um do you two know each others? " Rose pointed out.

"Us, oh yah.. We're friends." Sumi said. And I feel a strong presence behind our back, the Cologne made me sure It's Rowan.

"Sumi, Rowan you probably know them. This is my mother, father, sister and he is my sister's fiance. And mother father Rose they're my friends Rowan Hayes and Tae Sumi. We know each others from uni." I introduce them formally

Rowan and Sumi bowed and greeted them. To which they returned. They looked like they had a lot to say but holding back because of the Social situation we are in.

"Excess me but I'm borrowing her for a moment uncle, aunty." Sumi said and dragged me out of there leaving behind my toxic family

Who are throwing dagger throughout their eyes.

"Care to explain?" y/n glare at her not so innocent bestfriend

"What?" Sumi acted innocent, I glare hard at them

"Okay okay jeez! We just wanted to save you from that situation. It looked like they were ganging up on you. I'm not saying that you can't handle them but we dressed up too perfectly to ruin the mood." Rowan explained as he sigh

"Yep. And since we three got together Let's just enjoy our company instead of this drama. We will be very busy to even think about us." Sumi said

"Hey Let's go my parents are waiting for us."

(My exams start from next month, please pray for me and be patients with me.

Actually I wrote most of this chapter before going on a break. But today I got time and complete it.)

Thank you

please vote and comment 🌼