Three Pills: Three Vessels

Two more pills manifested next to the pill that was forming. These were originally pills that helped heal damage to vessels. Once Wodin modified them through engraving, they not only healed vessels but also upgraded them in terms of quality.

'Will has an S+ rated mind, an A+ rated Soul and a B+ rated body. If they all receive a minor upgrade, that means Will would gain a massive upgrade, with all of his vessels making a great leap forward. Especially his mind.' mulled Adelda as she saw the pills shimmer. It was at this moment that the final pill fully congealed.

Wodin's mind also moved across a similar vein.

' There is a huge gap between each rating letter. And it gets absurdly larger when one passes the A-grade barrier.

An SS Rated Mind and S rated Soul. This is more than enough to guarantee ascension if he survives long enough...'

Will's body started to convulse violently as he struggled to reign in the anguish.

At first, it had been manageable. It was still excruciating but Will could handle it. Something about the experience reminded him of his first transformation under the influence of the system.

At that time, Will had felt multiple odd sensations but two stood out. One was of multiple blades slicing every ounce of his flesh, while the other was a cool aqueous sensation that spread to every nook and cranny.

Now it was impossible to even discern what kind of pain he was feeling. All he could sense was a deep anguish that made him not only lose control of his body but also weakened his spirit greatly.

It didn't help that the life energy in his body had been drained by a large amount.

As the convulsions weakened, Wodin gathered the pills above his palm.

A spell matrix with an equilateral triangle as the base materialised above his hand. Each of the pills took up a position atone of the acute corners of the triangle. Runic lines and Diagrams magically etched themselves on the pills as they rotated madly above the triangle.

"This isn't a simple enchantment. I'm also including a few gifts to improve the harmonisation between the three vessels. Think of it as a show of faith from me. After all, I want you to survive long enough to give me what's owed." said the Norse deity with a vicious grin.

'Tywen Lannister looks like a kind philanthropist when compared to Odin.' thought Will as he sat up.

This was a 4 step process. Creation of the life essence pill and engraving of the entire set were steps 1 and 2. Step 3 was the absorption of the pills and step 4 was having the Flowing Tide Restriction adjusted. As for acclimatisation, Odin didn't even know if Will had time for that.

'This entire process will take up all the remaining free time. It might actually take longer. Hercules might have to delay the start of the match for a few minutes. He won't refuse, and the crowd will love what comes out.'

The three pills and the triangular matrix they were imbued in floated from Wodin's palm and floated onto Will's now exposed chest. It was bloody with some flesh visible here and there. Will's body was in tatters, yet he was now taking another risk, a fact that didn't sit well with Adelda. But Odin on the other hand thought otherwise.

'If I leave the boy alone for a minute, he would probably die. Being a mortal is truly an uphill struggle against fate. But don't worry young man. Your sacrifice...'

Wodin made a crushing gesture with his palm.

'... will bear fruit!!'

This action acted as a trigger. The rotation of the pills increased as they started drilling themselves into Will's chest.

"Argh! Awww shit! Nani the fuck! How the usjejdin did hudne8! Hejrdee..." Will couldn't even swear before his mouth started spewing indecipherable gibberish.

His body was being held in place by an odd force emanating from his chest. He could only control his movements from the neck up. But that was more than enough to make him experience the worst anguish he had ever experienced.

Odin crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

"All Father, is this really worth it?" asked Adelda as she appeared next to Odin. She was confident that Will couldn't even pay attention to her and spoke directly.

"The boy started late in cultivation and has too weak of a body."

Odin gave Adelda a meaningful glance and continued, "He is a savant, but the talent was only able to bloom with the assistance of the system and Modus' guidance. Modus performed many acts in the background you are not aware of. Do you think a mortal can just awaken Bloodlust and Radiant Energy by being exposed to ordinary killing intent?

Adelda frowned in contemplation as she recalled how Will had manifested Bloodlust and Radiant Energy after facing a feigned attack from Modus.

'Did Lord Modus do something I didn't notice?'

"Do you think a mortal can achieve True Strikes just by swinging a sword a few times?

Do you think a mortal can incorporate higher senses and fuse them at will like it's cooking?

Do you think mortals can just achieve Martial Harmony by working hard?

Do you think a mortal can just achieve control over higher senses through talent and hard work? Are you that naive, child of the Literati?"

Each question was focusing on topics that had been bothering her for a long time. She had tried to ask Modus if he had done anything in the background but the Immortal was unresponsive and would wave the topic away.

"Anyway, if he had at least grown up in a Middle World, Modus and I wouldn't have needed to do this. But he came from the bottom of the barrel.

All he has to do to regain the lost lifespan is get stronger. Going through the level 100 and level 125 evolutions will help him regain a certain amount of life span."

"Even if he somehow went through both evolutions without a single hitch, he would only gain a few decades at most because his vital essence was damaged. There is no way to repair that short term without the use of resources even a being of your stature would hesitate to use on a mortal." said Adelda after some thought.

'This girl, her attachment to the mortal is stronger than I thought. She must be grateful to the boy for raising her station. It's been a while since an ordinary Immortal dared to talk to me with such gusto.'

Odin was not angered. On the contrary, he was amused. With the rise of his palm, a holographic image of a planet the size of a bean with the word Earth above it manifested above Odin's palm.

"Actually, there is a way for him to raise his life force. One that is especially beneficial for natural born Sovereigns."

A second planet, at least ten times larger, manifested above the original planet. It had the word Eridium above it.