How To Slay A Deity

"Deities are hard to kill due to the fact that they are born from the universe itself.

In other words, so long as there are people who believe Athena exists and so long as there are traits linked to her divinities such as war, she will essentially never die under normal circumstances. No matter how many times you kill her True Body. So long as a single avatar exists she can rebuild her true body by feeding off mortal's belief in her existence and her divinities. But there are ways to go around this.

For example, if one was able to isolate her from her divinities through a unique method such as the Dao of Solitude. And then attack her with Anti-Divinity filled with viral Truth that has been entangled, then one can essentially wipe her out from existence.

If you add concepts like Ripples, Momentum, and Sharpness, throw in the Realms of Perspective and other higher senses, then you have a recipe for creating a being capable of killing anything in existence. In other words, you can create a true Executioner!"

Will tried to process what he was hearing to the best of his abilities while observing the other higher beings. Their expressions were mostly the same, but at the mention of the word Executioner, a grim expression appeared on their faces.

'This has to be something important.'

"Divinity is a higher power that transcends most energies in terms of importance, just like immortal energy used by Immortals, spiritual energy used by spirits. But it has its own antithesis, an energy meant to consume, devour and cancel it out. This is Anti-Divinity.

Do not mistake the relationship between Divinity and Anti-Divinity to be the same as the relationship between matter and antimatter or the relationship between yin and yang. If the two forces clash, Divinity will always lose out. Divinity has the advantage of being numerous and it allows one to subvert natural laws, but Anti-Divinity has its own advantages.

Anti-Divinity is a hunter's energy, one that not only allows one to damage deities at their source, it can also manifest different traits. In you, it manifested entanglement and extremely viral Truth.

According to my analysis, it should have also manifested an ability to sense a divine being's weakness to a certain degree. In weak beginners, Anti-Divinity can only truly manifest in the face of divine power. Which is why I had these two flex their little strength. You should be feeling it now right? A feeling that makes you want to attack these two, despite the fact that they are overwhelmingly greater than you in terms of existence."

Will's entire state of being changed as Modus spoke. Will's silvery-white hair changed to pure silver, while his blue pupils turned to silver with a pure white Iris. His normally relaxed disposition changed to that of a hunter, while his body started to tense, undulating with the world energy around him.

Everyone in the room could sense foreign and oppressive energy coming out from Will, one that made them feel somewhat uncomfortable.

'So this is the boy's Anti-Divinity. Now I can see why his Intent was so pure.'

Athena narrowed her eyes as she carefully observed Will. She had felt Will's Intent before and had acknowledged that it was the purest she had seen from a mortal under level 100. This stunned her because she had met powerhouses much more talented than Will, yet despite their greater talents, their Intent was still not as pure as Will's.

Under normal circumstances, one with Intent as pure as Will's must be someone filled with earth-shattering talents. Will's very birth should have resulted in a supernatural phenomenon that attracted the attention of gods and immortals. This was how talents like Mercedes and Ulysses were found, their very existence caused changes to the environment, regardless of whether or not they had cultivated.

Yet before the system, Will was no different from an ordinary mortal. This was not a mere oddity but a conundrum that Athena could not solve.

'Intent is the basis of all higher powers and a representation of one's mental strength. It's the foundation of cultivation. With such pure Intent, it's no surprise he can manifest such a strong Anti-Divinity. Or perhaps, it's his Anti-Divinity that led to his Intent strengthening?'

As Athena tried to understand why Will was so weak despite his mental strength, Narcissus smiled with glee. He was the one meant to benefit from Will before anyone else, hence he was thrilled at Will's transformation.

'According to Hestia, the degree of one's transformation is a sign of how compatible one is with Anti-Divinity. His hair and eyes have changed considerably, which means his is quite high.'

Deities and to a lesser degree, immortals, benefitted greatly from consuming the essence of a deity slayer or killing one. This was why Will was a target, but Narcissus had no such Intention. He still needed to feed off Will's talent in the Realms of Perspective, which was his true goal.

'The boy's Anti-Divinity has strengthened considerably.'

Jingsung Ha had felt firsthand just how potent Will's Anti-Divinity was. Witnessing for a second time brought him even more surprises.

'Odin's Tripartite Evolution of the boy's vessels is a masterpiece of sorcery and runic magic. No wonder Modus brought him along. I doubt any other mage could have brought out the boy's potential in such a short space of time.'

Modus continued on, "I didn't bring you here to lecture you. I brought you here to test something. I will be honest, I haven't been very active as your master and haven't even taught you a single skill I created myself. This was to bring you firmly onto the unorthodox path. Now I will fulfil my role as a teacher properly. Bring out your Unbound Vector."

Will had an odd sense of déjà vu at the moment. He was reminded of the first day he met Modus and the latter had given him some advice on the Dao.

'That Dao, his voice also had this weird hypnotic effect to it. What is this exactly?'

Will was not sure what this was, all he knew was that Modus was as reliable as gravity itself. At this instant in time, Will felt as if Modus' words were a natural law. Will brought his rusty katana from his storage ring and placed it around his waist after creating a scabbard made from water.

This time Will did not create an ordinary ice scabbard, but he manifested one using Frozen Asgard Mask. The result was a superb leather-like scabbard that perfectly enclosed his trusted partner. A complex array of runic seals had been engraved by Will to seal the scabbard's nature. This was another creation Will had thought about using the Medici Matrix. Only higher beings capable of seeing through Odin's runic magic could source out the scabbard's origins.

'It's been a while old friend.'

Will gently caressed the hilt of his sword as he closed his eyes. His yuan was vigorous as he brought out the full power of his cultivation. Will had spent far too much time as a mage for his liking, and very much appreciated his sword.

'Hhm?'

An odd sensation of longing came from the sword, entangling with Will's own Intent. It was as if the sword was a long-lost friend rejoicing at reuniting with Will. It was only for a brief moment, but Will felt as if the sword was sentient and wanted to communicate with him. Hou Yi and Jingsung Ha looked at each other, both knowing full well what the other was thinking.

'Swordborn.'

But the feeling vanished before Will could bask in it. Will tried to sense the sword with his mental energy, but it did not respond.

'I didn't imagine that. The sword actually spoke to me.'

...

AN:  For those who want early access to chapters go ahead to our patreon (link in the book description) and get access to over 70 advanced chapters of SSS available for download as a pdf/epub/word doc on Google Drive for only 5 dollars a month. For those who keep voting and commenting thank you so much for your support. Hope you have had a great December so far. Now let's see what's in store for our hero next...