Trial by Combat

Ok, to avoid problems cause Wattpad will probably red flag this if I post the already posted chapters, here's a lik to the original story so you can read up to the point this series is. https://www.wattpad.com/story/314489568-cardinal-hero Now, onto the story.

Somewhere in Asia

Deep in the night, the sound of a monstrous creature's shout in pain could be heard before a loud thump. Deep in a bamboo forest, a large serpent monster was seen with a man that had black hair and a very unique getup that made him look like a hero from a video game standing above the monster. "That should do it." He glanced up from the beast as he dislodged his sword from it and collected what he could for materials. "Serpentine Blade. Base stats aren't bad."

"Try not to focus on the stats as much. Remember what the problem was before for you." A woman with pink hair and what looked like a very pristine outfit holding a reaper type of sword to her side said.

"Yeah. Half the mess I was in was because I cared only about stats." The unknown man said while hopping off the monster. "Eclair. Can you please put in a request for a cleanup with the Chinese government before this thing starts rotting or grabs someone's attention?"

"I already had a group on standby." The woman named Eclair said for the man to smile a little. "By the way, Ren. We have a message from Naofumi. He says we need to meet in Japan in the next few days." Ren was given a note that explained the reasoning to smirk.

"So a Cardinal Hero of this world is finally getting his feet in the water. That'll help us out. We'll be leaving tomorrow evening. That should be more than enough time to finish up any stragglers that are in the area from the last Wave. Where's the next den from reports?"

"North of here." The two continued heading off finishing up what their job was before calling it a night.

The next morning in Australia

"A meeting?" A blond man asked with a green haired woman across a table from him.

"Uh-umm. Yes. He said he wanted us to see the new Cardinal Hero." The girl stumbled with her words, seeming like she was scared of saying something wrong.

"You don't need to be afraid, Rishia. We work as equals in our work. If anything, you're probably more efficient than I am since you handle the paperwork, the assignments as well as cleaning and cooking for us. As a Vassal Weapon holder, you're probably more qualified to be a hero than me."

"Don't say that, Itsuki sir!" The woman Rishia spoke up a little louder than her original comment prior. "You're still an amazing person. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for you. And besides, we all stumbled along the way. Our own situations are no different."

"Perhaps, but my own arrogance was where I went wrong and hurt you in the process. If I was at least a little more humble and more self conscious of my actions I would've never done what I did. So as a way to make it up to you, you're my partner and your opinion does matter to me greatly."

Rishia began blushing at this before becoming a stuttering mess. "T-thank you, Itsuki sir."

"No problem. Now that we're told of the new Cardinal Hero, it's our obligation as other world Cardinal Heroes to make sure he doesn't fall into the same mistakes we did and unlock the Curse Series."

"Well umm...Naofumi said in his letter, Kizuna's group found him after he unlocked the Wrath Curse Series."

Itsuki drank from a cup of coffee he had before releasing a deep sigh. "Then the only person who can probably help him the best is Naofumi."

Later that afternoon in Japan

'Damn this is boring.' Izuku sat avoiding every desire in him to nod off as he waited in the classroom for their teacher. As a whole, UA wasn't much different than a normal school during the morning. Same classes and credentials needed as any other school. After lunch though, things change with hero classes being the main focus point.