Chapter 25

His eyes looked puffed up and red as he watched us approach him. Andrew was shirtless, his chest was covered by a dressing or bandage that covered half his chest and revealed his perfect abs. "C-Charlotte a-and M-Matthew...?" I looked at Andrew with disgust, crumpling my face up as he spoke. "Why? Why did you do what you did?" Andrew's eyes shifted from us to his hands. "I – I have borderline personality disorder–".

"YOU WHAT?" Matthew and I said in shock at the same time. "Y-yeah, being the first-born child of the Von Claude's, I was supposed to be perfect, and I nearly was, until I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I had moments where I would be just..." He sighed. "Crazy? Yeah, I remember what my other person inside me does and says, but I can't control it. I'm sorry, Charlotte." It made sense. I mean, the sudden switch-ups Andrew did were always a curiosity of mine. Every time the lights turned off, he would be a completely different person. "I see, so when you killed Kaiser, it really wasn't you?" I held back my tears that were building up. "I want to forgive you, but only if you seek help, please." Andrew covered his face with his hands as tears slowly fell from his face. "Charlotte... I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I took someone so special to you. I promise, I'll control him," Andrew had hiccups with every word he uttered. "And Matthew, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for being such a horrible brother". Matthew watched in silence as his voice shook. "I know you would never hurt anyone, big brother. You have always protected me even when you didn't have to. I'm so grateful for that. I really couldn't have asked for a better brother." Matthew smiled lightly. But Vincent entered the room with a whole different vibe as he leaned against the depressing grey walls of the hospital. "Come on, cry-babies, we need to go visit your friend's funeral, after all". My eyebrows raised up as I spoke "It's today? Take me with you, Vincent!". Matthew kept his gaze on us which then moved to the flowers on Andrew's desk "You guys go ahead; I'll stay here with Andrew. It would be wrong of me to go to someone's funeral without knowing them. And don't worry; we will fix the situation concerning you and our mother. You don't have to worry, Charlotte," Matthew said with the sweetest smile, and so did Andrew. "Take care... Charlotte". I nodded my head in agreement "Yeah, thank you for everything, Matthew, and please take care of yourself and recover, Andrew." We said our last goodbyes as we headed off to Kaiser's funeral.

We reach there pretty late; the guests were already preparing to leave. I ran to the place his funeral was being held. "Hah, I've never been to a funeral for someone I barely even know, if not hate. I guess there is a first for everything, and this isn't too shabby" Vincent lets out as his eyes roam around the place. Kaiser's funeral was done outside and near his house, and he was quite wealthy, maybe not very rich compared to the Von Claude's or the Vi Salvator's.

Kaiser De Alter

2004 ~ 2023

Kaiser was already buried, and I could only look at his picture in front of his grave. Even through the picture, I could still see his blunt fangs poking out as he smiled. His beautiful black hair with dirty blonde highlights was always such a sight to see, and his eyes—his grey eyes that had so much life in them. He was taken from me way too soon. He was only 19—just like me, like Elizabeth, like his own killer... Andrew! Twelve whole years... we had been together as friends and had been dating since year 7. The first genuine love of my life, I lost him too soon. I wiped my teary eyes as I thought of the both of us.

"Ah, Charlotte, darling? Is that you?" My reminiscing was cut short when a fairly old lady stood near me. Her dark hair with dirty blonde ends looked all too familiar. "M-Miss De Alter! I-it's been so long!" Her gaze softened even more as I said her name. "It really has, my darling. It's a shame we lost Kaiser so early in life." My eyes saddened even more as she said those words with a bittersweet smile. "Yes, really".

"It feels like just yesterday when he told me about the girl he met. You know he would never stop talking about you. I thought he would grow out of it eventually, but as he grew older, the more he talked about you, and for a good reason, just look at you~" Her words brought a certain spark that I've never felt before. "Did he really talk about me that much?" Her face brightened up a little when I asked such an obvious question. "Of course! It takes me back to when you, Alter, and that little blondie would be inseparable. How times have changed." I looked at her guiltily; I really didn't have the heart to tell her about what really happened between the three of us and instead just agreed. "Miss De Alter, your son protected me twice from that unknown attacker and did so much more for me. Please, if you need anything, reach out. I might not have gotten a chance to do this for your son, but I will do anything in my power to help you!" Kaiser's mother smiled, "You made my boy happy; that's more than enough, my child. Thank you."