26 - Apologizing

DIVINE'S POV

My mom and master left the house a few hours ago because they had to attend a meeting on work.

They'll go home after the time hits past six in the evening but I woke up when it was five-thirty in the afternoon earlier. There's no doubt that I'll end up bruised again when they see the unwashed dishes at the sink.

The past few years have been a pain to me and I don't know when I'll rest. Maybe not anymore.

I looked at the clock to see that it is already five-fifty and yet, I still wasn't done washing and scrubbing the dishes.

I knew that I had to time talking to myself, so I used my non-lasting energy to work harder and faster.

To say that I'm a workaholic when it comes to cleaning is an understatement. I haven't gotten used to these things until now that also leads me to risk.

My unknown mother, that of course, I don't know the name, would usually just stand at the corner while my master punishes me. She's just like a shadow monster whom usually watches kids when they sleep at night.

No offense.

I was almost done with the dishes when the door suddenly opened. My heart stopped working for a bit, knowing that I'm dead. A bit true.

"Didn't I tell you to wash the dishes after we left?" My master raised his voice at me and shivers ran down to my spine as I feared the undead.

"I..I'm sorry master, I fell asleep." I cringed when I stuttered at the first part of the sentence, knowing that I'll absolutely fly towards a wall again.

My head slowly turned up to see their unusual stoic expressions. Their faces would usually come out as anger and harshness to me, but this one is quite different.

"Continue washing the dishes." They both mumbled before walking past me. The three empty bottle of thin alcohols were put down at the kitchen table by master. 

I didn't ignore the fact that he had to kiss the crook of my neck before the both of them had left the kitchen.

I was completely dumbfounded and still couldn't move just a bit, but I regained my exposure and started continuing washing the dishes again.

Before they had both left, I saw something at my mom's eyes. A feeling of sympathy, although she didn't show it fully. I'm not disappointed because either the both of them weren't really that drunk or she is just prerending.

Or maybe she is for real.

Maybe she still remembered our bonding when we were baking cakes.

Or maybe I'm just being delusional.

When I was done doing the dishes, I cleaned the floor and other things that needed to be cleaned at this house.

☆☆☆

Last night was an unusual eventful night, considering that my nightmares weren't the same like what they did to me before I was here.

While my questions and doubts were lingering unanswered, I'm here being nervous because of papa if I ever meet him this day.

It felt like something had hit a spot deep inside when he shouted at me, like something was awakening again. Not me thinking I had powers because people with superpowers would sometimes mention that.

Maybe my recent nightmare was just fooling me so I can get scared again.

Until now, I'm still stuck inside of my room. It was five in the morning and I'm thinking if maybe I should sneak out or no.

NO.

It's not worth taking the risk anymore so I'll probably just go to sleep again. But sadly, if I'm awake then I am fully awake. That means that I won't be sleeping again, anymore.

Unless if I go to sleep then I'll definitely dream the same thing again and again.. and again. Maybe worser than the last one I had dreamed.

I quickly had to forget what happened and I started thinking about papa once again.

If he opens the door, I'll literally run away if I can. Or not. I can't just run away from him yet, someone is urging me to still run and hide.

If I only never went at the third floor then I wouldn't be locked up here while waiting for my parents to kick me outside of my room.

Why did I even do that... Now I only disappointed papa more. I'm such a disappointment and I know that everybody would agree.

My papa will surely give me rules, now that I've been here for many months now. Christmas is coming and after this year, my family will surely set me up a lot of rules that I will follow.

I can't agree more since this will literally happen.

My eyes were dripping very slowly and before I could fall asleep in my bed again, I heard the doorknob twist open. My eyes, had once again, opened and I sat up to reveal my papa. Ah yes, it is him again.

I watched as he entered my room and closed the door gently. We were looking at each other with an awkward moment.

"Hi." I muttered with a quiet voice to him and he only nodded his head. He walked towards my bed and crawled beside me. He squat with his feet that were a few inches apart, then crossed his one foot over the other and lowered his bottom butt.

He sighed before looking away. "Look-"

"I'm sorry pa." I looked at him with doe eyes, convincing him to forgive ne and let me out of this hecking room.

Papa chuckled just a bit and I knew that he had warmed up to me. "It's okay mio cara, but it is also my fault that I yelled at you."

"Even though I have an issue at controlling my anger, it is still not an excuse for me to have shouted at you. I should've have simply talked to you with a polite and gentle tone instead without hurting your ears." He joked at the last part of his sentence and we both giggled together.

So my papa has an issue with controlling his anger? Or simply, anger issues. That's the more shorter word.

I never knew my papa had one, but maybe my parents will explain everything to me later.

"It's fine papa. I understand your condition. I never should've walked up to the third floor, knowing the consequences." My face turned red in embarrassment, but this is also a lesson that I had learned and it is important for me to take it with sincerity and without being upset with it.

Papa planted a kiss on the top of my head and caressed the flocks of my brunette hair. "Thank you for being understanding, my daughter. We all make mistakes."

"We'll eat ice cream together with the others later. For now, we'll eat breakfaat first." He carried me up like a little kid and we both got out of my bed.

I raised my eyebrows in a surprise. Maybe he already knew the family bonding time. I didn't question it anymore and I only wrapped my slender arms around his neck.

My head was lingering at the back of his body. I looked down to see a black pistol hanging at the pocket of his trousers.

What a nice view. Not.