chapter 24

All of them were sitting in the hall after the revelation of a heavy truth.

Namjoon was staring at Jin, who was ignoring the younger at his best.

Jungkook was sitting with his mafia, practically leeching with him, not even letting air pass through them.

Mr. Kim and Mr. Jeon were sitting together in silence.

Jungkook was stealing glances with Mr. Kim; he wanted to talk to him, he always wanted to meet his oesukbu.

Mr. Kim was aware of it.

"Koo," Mr. Kim called him sweetly, and no one has seen him being this sweet to anyone. Even Taehyung was stunned by this behavior.

"Come to oesukbu," he opened his arms.

Koo approached Mr. Kim while fidgeting with his fingers; come on, he is his future father-in-law. Koo was quite intimidated.

He reached with his slow steps.

"What are you so afraid of, sweetheart?" Mr. Kim asked him while taking his hands and making him sit between him and Mr. Jeon.

"Our baby has grown this much; I always knew you would grow up being this pretty when I first took you in my arms. You used to be the size of a peanut at that time," Mr. Kim said, smiling.

Koo immediately felt relieved being hugged by his father from one side and his father-in-law from the other.

"Yes, he cried like there was no tomorrow that day when you were born," Mr. Jeon said, chuckling.

"And he fainted when your mom was pushing you out," Mr. Kim teased Mr. Jeon.

"Hwan-a, I told you multiple times not to remind me of that day," Mr. Jeon said while sulking.

"Well, you started first," Mr. Kim teased again.

Koo was giggling in between them.

The atmosphere suddenly changed from dense to light.

Soon, laughter erupted in the halls of the Jeon mansion. Nobody could have believed that the greatest rivals of all times, Kims and Jeons, were sitting, bickering, and laughing.

Well, except two people, Jin and Namjoon.

Jin entered the kitchen since he was feeling heavy sharing the same space with his coward ex-lover.

Some steps followed him.

"Jini," Namjoon called him, but Jin gave him deaf ears.

"Jini, I know I made a huge mistake in the past, but I want to correct it, please. I beg you; I will do anything this time for things not to go wrong."

Jin was not facing Namjoon; he was boiling with anger.

"You have the audacity to ask for this chance, Kim Namjoon. From where do you get these nerves?" Jin snickered in annoyance.

"Jini, I beg you," Namjoon got on his knees and kissed the elder's bare feet.

Jin's eyes shot open at this gesture. Namjoon took one foot of Jin on his knee and kissed it again. "Just this once, princess."

He looked at Jin, to which Jin looked the other way.

"I was scared. I thought of leaving my family and my surname behind, but for that, I had to make a name of my own. I worked hard for us, Jini, and opened NJ chain of restaurants. Jini, I swear my feelings were genuine and will always remain genuine. Just give me one chance, Jin."

"Your sorry can never ease the pain I bear for four long years, Namjoon."

"Then I will do everything to ease that pain, Jini," Namjoon said while standing up.

Jin came out of the kitchen with his eyes filled with angry tears.

Outside the kitchen, laughter was heard. Everyone was laughing and looking at them; Jin smiled. After these many years, this palace was filled with laughter.