18 - realising

3rd POV

"NO AHH STAY BACK! I WILL EAT YOU!" Ellie screamed at her best friend. "EXCUSE ME, WHAT???!" the elder screeched. they were having a sleepover, and in a yawning filled attempt at setting up pillows and blankets on the floor to sleep, their coffees finally kicked in. Ellie had initiated it, then the other, Kit, had hestitantly joined in. they both had pillows on hand, whacking eachother over the face and torso. when Kit had started to chase Ellie round the house, she began screaming her head off.

Sarah, Dan and Evie were out until tommorow, so they had the place to themselves.this meant that they didn thave to worry about their noise levels as nobody would be there to complain and tell them to shut up - well besides the neighbours but the 2 had forgotten about them.

Kit dropped the pillow that was formerly in his hands and reached out to Ellies waist, he poked at her sides, tickling her. as she began to swat him away, she fell to the floor bringing the older down too, but when they landed he was inches away from her face, the only thing stopping the two from unintentionally osculating was Kits arms that were planted either side of the youngers head. heavy breathing came from the pair before they realised the position they were stuck in. red flushed each of their faces and Kit stuttered out a "sorry". once he was stable on his feet once again, a hand reached out to help Ellie up, which she willingly took.

they stood facing eachother for a moment or two, in awkwardness, before bursting out in laughter. " you were all like s-s-s-s-s-s-stop" Ellie mimicked.

after mocking eachother, the two were finally calmed down and not as hyper, so they got comfy in the mass amounts of pillows and blankets. Ellie was sat on the right, with Kit on her left. she layed so her legs were ontop of his. "im not tired anymore, should we watch some movies?" Kit suggested. "YES ABSOLUTELY. how about the conjuring?" Ellie suggested. "sure!" he agreed, despite the fact he wasnt so fond of scary movies.

about halfway through, El found herself with on leg behind Kit, and one infront. he ended up laying backwards so his back was on her chest, but slightly on his side to make ieasier to watch. "youre very jumpy Kitty" the girl teased, poking his head. "shuush" he whined.

now the movie had finished, Kit was sound asleep in Ellie's arms, still laying on her chest/stomach. she was bored but couldnt fall asleep so she started absentmindedly playing with his hair and drawing little shaped on his hoodie sleeves, as one of his arms was above his head. "hes gorgeous when he sleeps..." she thought to herself (NOT IN A CREEPY WAY PLS😭). she didnt want to admit ir, but as of recent she found herself having these thoughts, blushing, overthinking and getting butterflies over her best friend more and more. she had to just accept it. "i have a crush on Kit. i like my bestfriend." she said quietly to herself, outloud.

realisation hit her, she didnt just like him, but she was head over heels in love with him. every little thing he would do: smile; laugh; jokingly flirt; make a nice comment about her; even just simply saying "love you/i love you" would make her face flush a pale pink shade, or make thoughts go flying through her head, along with butterflies fluttering in her stomach. now that was not something that happens when you just simply LIKE or have a CRUSH on someone, atleast not to that extent. this os something that happens when you LOVE someone. and not in a platonic way. in a romantic, 'i wanna be with you forever' sort of way.

and no i'm not exaggerating or being dramatic, the girl genuinely did want to be with him forever. well she did before these feelings, but now she actually wants to BE with him, if you get me.

THATS IT! SHE FINALLY REALISED HER FEELINGS! ALSO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG, NEXT CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY BE ON XMAS FOR A LITTLE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL (spoiler alert it will be christmas in the book too) SO LOOK FORWARD TO THAT actually maybe dont it will probably be shit lmao💀

LOVE YOU GUYSS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

xoxo

-iz

[words-722]