⁂𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘⁂

Friday
Theodore's Pov:

Classes today went by smoothly. Well, kind of.

Yet, I haven't talked with Aliyah yet. I've talked to all my friends except for her.

And it's not like we're not friends anymore, but... was she drifting away from me?

She'd talked to Lorenzo, Blaise, Pansy, Daphne; literally almost everyone, except me.

Ugh, why do i even care that much? It's not like I minded her talking to her other guy friends, but why wasn't she talking to me?

I tried to let it pass until our last class of the day, Potions.

We didn't have any group work, but i did sit next to her at the back of the class; to try and make a conversation or even anything at this point.

"So, class, today we will be making an amortentia potion. Does anyone know what an amortentia potion is?" Professor Slughorn smiled.

Aliyah raised her hand but Hermione Granger beat her to it. "Ah, yes Ms. Granger"

"An amortentia potion is one of the strongest potions that can make you smell what you are attracted to" she explained "For example, i smell..." she sniffed the cauldron
"Freshly mowned grass, new parchment, and...spearmint toothpaste" she stepped away, flushed. It was obvious she was in love with Weasley boy.

"Very, well Ms.Granger!" Slughorn congratulated. Almost half the girls stepped over to try and smell the potion.

"Now, now class, we will be making our own amortentia potions for a small vial of liquid luck" he smiled "please take your seats and open your potions textbooks to page 39"

At the end of the class, Potter had of course won, but Aliyah came as a close second.

"Now, thank you class. See you all on Tuesday" Slughorn greeted before everyone left the class.

Before leaving, everyone went to smell Harry's potion to see what it smelt like. I saw a glimpse of Aliyah smelling it before leaving.

I thought it was stupid, but gave it a try.

Hmm, that's weird...

"What do you smell?" creeped up Mattheo behind me

I chuckled "dunno, it's kinda weird.." i smelt it again "smells like... a vanilla of some sort... new books, ink and... mangoes"

Mattheo gave a weird look of confusion

"Trust me, i don't know either" we both laughed as we walked to the great hall for lunch.

——
Aliyah's Pov:

Before i left for lunch, i decided to take a small sniff at the potion, just for funsies.

I smelt it and scrunched up my nose. Cigarettes, pasta, and a bit of cologne.

I simply shrugged it off considering i don't fancy anyone at the moment and walked out of the classroom.