warm

another imagine!

enjoy loves <3
-
-
-

        the white wood of the door cracked open and in stepped your favorite. chris. you sat up eagerly and smiled at the boy.

"been gone a while, how was it?" you say, recalling how about 2 hours ago the boys had left to film their car video for the week.

"it was good, way less arguing from matt like last car video." the boy chuckled, the white of his teeth shined in the light of the room. the corners of his smile looked as if they could cut someone. you weren't sure if it was his enticing cologne or his white grin but you felt as if you were melting away into the bed sheets.

with that, you rose from the bed and quietly walked over the boy.

"is something wrong?" he held a necklace between his teeth as he reached up to his ears to take off another article of jewelry. the chain of the necklace pulled down on the soft skin of his lips, their pink color calling to be connected with yours.

you took a step closer and managed a shaky breath reaching for his other earring. the motion of a responding shake of the head from you made your boyfriend wonder what was wrong.

he dropped the necklace into his hand and gently set it down on the dresser behind him. "baby what's wrong?" he asked, fitting his fingers into the belt loops of your jeans.

"you..."

"what do you mean." his face fell, the smitten grin was wiped clean from his shining face.

"-were gone a while," your voice dropped low, feeling ashamed that you gave chris such a nervous rush.

"my word-" he sighed loudly, letting a held in breath escape from his lungs. "i thought you were mad at me!" he whispered yelled, gently taking your face in his free hand.

"i'm sorry- i really missed you."

"it's okay. do you want to go for a walk outside?" he questioned, taking strands of your hair and softly placing them behind your ear. the coldness of his fingers tickled the warm skin of your neck. you moved back, with a shiver, a hand clasped over the skin of your neck.

"sorry i know. i was outside for a bit and it's pretty cold. you know what- maybe we shouldn't
go-"

"no- i want to." you smiled taking his hand in yours and gracing a thumb over the back of his hand. his skin was smooth under your touch, his shoulders softened, a sigh whispering from his lips.

"put a jacket on though."

you chuckled at the boys response and stole a hoodie from his drawer before pulling him along with you out the door.

the night was dark but you had no knowledge of that. incased in his cologne coated hoodie and attached to his hand you weren't sure you could remember what the cold was.

what a stupid thing love used to seem to you but now you clung to it like your life depended on it. you ended up finding something much more than you bargained for and you were overjoyed.

"so you don't seem very fazed by these temperatures. i'm sure y/n from last night could have begged to differ." chris recalled your shivers and requests for him to get you a pair of socks and a sweatshirt to sleep in. he swung your hand slightly as the two of you walked along the side walk in your cul-de-sac.

something you had always loved about him was this witty inner child he kept stored in his heart. he was never dull. 'always the life of the party' as you used to tease. he wasn't boring or time consuming. he was enjoyable and amiable.

"well not with you around to keep me warm." you grinned, a wide smile revealed to the boy at your side.

"you know when you smile like that..." he stopped for a moment, his words and his pace. he pulled you in close, by your waist, his face centimeters from yours. "you look gorgeous." your eyes flashed from his down to his lips and flickered back and forth for a few seconds.

"you know when you hold me like this, it's not easy for me to restrain myself from kissing you." you laughed quietly, his eyes glazed over with a 'please don't hold back' look in them. before you could make any move he lent in slowly. his lips graced yours and all you could do was melt into his arms. his danced with yours, your hands settled into his curls, finding their resting place tangled in his smooth auburn hair. he deepened the kiss, tilting his head to the side so he could take a step closer to you if it was possible.

        you couldn't tell if it was the burning redness of your cheeks or how he made your heart glow again, like it wouldn't since things had just felt so wrong lately- but you were kept safe from the cold. 

you were pretty sure if matt and nick were here, they would be fake gagging and making comments like 'ew' and 'gross' but your mind was elsewhere.

all your head was filled with was the smoothness of his lips, the way he held your waist, and your hands burried deep into his dark hair. and man you couldn't care about anything less.

he pulled away slowly, his pupils ten times the size they were before. the cold nipped through your few layers of clothing and stung deeply onto your skin. that was what the two of you noticed as soon as he had pulled away. you both knew each other were cold since you were immediately shivering the second your broke apart. chris leaned down to your neck and rested the bridge of his nose to your collar bone. he formed a soft kiss against your skin, sending more shivers through your body. although this shiver wasn't from the cold.

"i'm assuming you want to go inside as much as i do- or are you still warm enough here with me?" he smiled, pressing a quick kiss behind your ear.

"going inside sounds great, but you are a great source of warmth." you chuckled, letting him kiss you once more before heading inside where you didn't have to worry about having so many layers on- although you didn't mind having chris as your main reason to stay so warm.

-
-
-

1079 words

just read 'lipstick stains' by somethingheavenknows

sorry to keep tagging you, but i just can't get enough of your writing!

as always send requests!

i hope you guys enjoyed this one, it was fun to write :)

love you all.

-AIRIS 🧡🚶‍♀️