Chapter 4 •Purple Dude•

“So tell me why you need so much fucking sticks for what dude?” You groaned.

“To be prepared of course,” Branch replied back, confident in his voice.

It became the daily thing now.. well at least for a good week now. You’d go to sleep, and somehow end up in this magical world every single time, as if it was a portal to a different dimension is what you would perhaps say. And honestly, you actually didn't mind it.. in fact you enjoyed it.

Coming back from work or college you would finish up and quickly do your homework and chores, just so you have time to fall asleep. And yet again, every. single. time. You’d end up in the world of the trolls. You knew it couldn't have been a realistic dream, as you can actually feel from it, you actually learn new things from it, and the personalities of you, branch, and all the other trolls you haven't met yet seemed so real.

You didn't really know how to put your mind into it, but you knew it was another world.

And maybe it’ll be better for you too. You finally got someone to talk to in the daily instead of checking up with your parents and friends through texting once a week, as every time you transferred to the world of the trolls, you’d end up annoying or following the one troll you knew, which was Branch.

Branch.. wasn't the most fond of you following him much, but he did not mind the company. Yeah, he likes having his alone time and all but it doesn't hurt to actually spend some time with other people, yet alone talk to someone one on one intentionally after a good twenty years or so.

He wouldn't want to admit it, especially in front of you, but he did in fact look forward to your company everyday ever since you started coming over to him more often. Who would blame him?

Although, there were still some questions going around.. like why do you always leave so soon? How come you leave without any warning most of the time? And including that you never invited him to come along with you, it was always you following him. And yeah, Branch had those thoughts before, and there was a time when he wanted to spy and follow you to see where you’d go since you’d honestly just disappear to his eyes, butttt he gave you some space. He doesn't want to look like a creep or something, boundaries man!

Continuing on.. you groaned and whined as you carried random shit for the emo dude. You didn't mind helping him out.. but it was boring for sure. That's really all this guy does, scavenge for random shit in the forest!

“Sooooo what's the daily big guy?” You questioned, as the both of you were still walking through the forest to deliver this random shit.

“Nothing much.. trolls singing, dancing.. me hiding in my survival bunker,”

“Bruh, you really are boring as fuck, fucking emo,” you muttered under your breath, but so slightly that Branch heard you.

“What?”

“Nothing!” You smiled innocently.

Branch gave you an eye and continued on walking while you were trailing behind once again. “You’re an odd one (y/n).. an odd one for sure..” Branch replied as he continued walking ahead nonchalantly

“Hmmm.. I mean a few different things have been happening recently,” Branch continued on your last question, actually giving an answer you were so much more interested in than boring old bunker shit.

“Spit- I mean, Spill it!” Ahhhh yeah.. you manage to fuck that one up.

“.. I beg your pardon..?” Branch stopped, looking behind himself and giving you a raised brow.

“I just messed up on.. speaking at that moment,” You muttered a bit embarrassingly. “Anyways, you heard what I said, spill it!” You gave a childlike smirk.Branch sighed and continued on, letting that one pass like all the other ones he let pass.