Chapter 18 The unexpected witness

The next morning. Part of the class, which consisted of Hirata and Kushida's groups, were in a hurry to exchange information. Ike and his friends hated Hirata due to her popularity with girls. That being said, they were talking and having fun because of the girls getting attached to Hirata. However, listening to their conversation, it seems that they did not receive the information they wanted. They were just recording the names of the people they asked, and occasionally writing memos on their cell phones. It would be too good to be true if someone actually came after class.

Ayanokouji was sitting at his desk talking to Kirishima, when Kushida arrived where Horikita was sitting, Kushida was asking her to help Sudou, in which the black-haired young woman rejected Kushida's invitation, was preparing for class with an indifferent expression .

However, the person actually involved in the matter was not at the school.

"Hah... can we really prove that it was Class C's fault...?"

"If we can find a witness, it won't be impossible to prove it. We'll do our best, Ike-kun."

"Before we start 'trying our best', is there really a witness in the first place? All Sudou said was that he vaguely remembered seeing one, right? Isn't that just a lie? After all, he is violent and tends to tease people often."

"If we keep doubting him, we won't be able to do anything. Don't you agree?"

"Yes, that may be true, but... If Sudou is guilty, all our points will be taken away, won't it? We will go back to zero and return to our hard lives with no money in our pockets. Our goal of being able to have a life full school remains just a dream."

"Then we can start saving ourselves again. It's only been three months since the beginning of the year."

The girls in the class blushed as they listened to Hirata's honest words. The hero of our class, as always, gave splendid advice without wavering. Karuizawa seemed proud of her wonderful boyfriend.

Ayanokouji looked at the whole class bored and turned her attention to her friend who was humming a song, she saw that the young man with golden eyes was looking at her and asked if she wanted to listen to music with her. Ayanokouji shook his head, pulled out his chair and sat down next to her and put on his headphones to listen to music.

The conversation about Sudou's matter continued.

"I think our points are precious. They are directly linked to our motivation, right? So, I think we should do anything to defend these class points. Even if we are only defending 87 points."

"I understand how you feel. However, I think it is dangerous to be so adamant in defending points and losing sight of reality. The most important thing for us is to take care of our closest friends."

Ike looked at Hirata with a suspicious look.

"Even if Sudou was at fault?"

It's natural to feel bad if an innocent person were punished.

However, Hirata nodded without hesitation. It seemed like he was saying that such self-sacrifice is a trivial matter. Because of Hirata's upright morals, Ike looked down, feeling cornered.

"What Hirata-kun is saying is completely natural, but I still want my points. Every month, A-class people always get around 100 thousand points a month. I'm really very jealous. There are people who buy a lot of stylish clothes and accessories. Compared to them, aren't we just pitiful people?"

Karuizawa was sitting on a table as she dangled her legs. Our classmates seemed very bitter when the big difference between the classes was pointed out.