Chapter 9 [ A Small Fight ]

~~~

| Ansh's POV |

The doorbell rang. My momos!

I ran to the door happily thinking about my momos. But when I opened the door...

A grumpy Kishor stood there instead. My eyes widened at the sight and I closed the door in turbo speed, trying to process whether it was just my hallucination or Kishor in reality. A loud thud on the door proved his presence.

"Ansh! You little shit! Open the door!" he shouted from the other side, followed by a few more slams. I gulped as I slowly turned the doorknob. I peeped at his angry round face before shutting the door again.

Shit shit shit. Okay, calm down. What would he do at most, kick my ass or punch me in my face or...or... whatever. I can't chick out, I'm a man.

I gulped and held my head high, gathering fake courage before opening the door. But I had just turned the doorknob and Kishor stormed his way into my house.

"You little piece of shit! You don't know what I went through after you left!" he huffed in rage while taking long strides towards me and I backed off matching his strides.

"What could have happened at most, huh?" I tackled the angry Kishor, just me being stupid.

"You shit!" he snapped. He picked up a pillow kept on the sofa and chased me around to beat me up.

He roared, "My mom came up and saw the snacks! And the plate of food you left!"

"What!" I uttered, since I know what he probably went through when Susmita aunty saw the snacks.

Just then, the door clanked and my eyes moved to the door. I stood still – my eyes fixated on the door – to see who was entering through it. But I didn't notice Kishor had already caught up with me and was running towards me in full speed. He lost control due to the slippery tiles floor and dashed into me, we both falling to the ground.

I rubbed the side of my head as I felt something hitting me there and was still trying to process what just happened.

Just then, a familiar shrill voice echoed, "Mummmyy! Kittu bhaiya aur Annu bhaiya kissy kissy kar rahe hai!" (Mummmyy! Kittu bhaiya and Annu bhaiya are kissing each other.)

My little brother, Aahaan, who is just 5 years old – soon to be 6 – shouted running back to the door. The heck? What are they back so soon? My eyes shifted to the clock – it was 4:30 p.m., proving my calculated prediction to be wrong – and back to my mother's shocked face.

"Ansh...", her voice came out in a whisper. "What is this..?"

Finally I looked at the fellow who was lying upon me, our face so close and his right hand below me, that had prevented me from hitting my head to the floor. We both broke out of our awe as soon as we made eye contact and moved away from each other.

"Hatt!", I blurted in disgust at their stupid expressions. "You are sho romantic", my little brother exclaimed. I showed them a disgusted expression and they started laughing. Kishor, on the otherhand, was standing straight, vigorously rubbing his clothes and his body wherever we had body contact. I would have done exactly the same thing but right now that he was doing so, it felt a little... over the board?

After my brother and mother calmed down a little, my mother finally questioned, "So.. what were you doing?"

"Kishor was chas-" Kishor cut my sentence, "Maa asked me to deliver these laddoos to Ansh, Anjana aunty."

He shot a glare in his direction, threatening me to shut up or else only my dead body would remain. I gulped and pressed my index finger to my lips, indicating I won't speak.