Chapter 13 [A Shopping Date p.t. 3]

~~~

| Ishika's POV |

I walked into the store and a light gust of wind blew past me.

I looked around at the hustle-bustle, the vibrant colors of different sets of clothes – some kept on the shelves, some displayed on mannequins – and the faint voices that filled the store, adding life to it. 

I was smoothing out the creases in my kurti when I noticed the white marble flooring with a blackish glaze. The walls were of cream colour and the ceiling, though tiled white, had spiral patterns carved that just looked... so beautiful!

I was busy admiring the interior of the store when a staff approached me and said, "Welcome Ma'am. Our store has a variety of Indian dresses, like lehengas, sarees. What would you like to see?"

He spoke in a polite, respectful manner, but his sudden approach surprised me. I ended up stuttering, "Uhh.. the thing..umm... Wait!"

I glanced around the store, searching for Bhaiya. 'Where are you, my bhaiya?'

My search ended when my eyes landed on him as he stood beside a mannequin having a heartfelt conversation with Ansh. 

Seriously? What do they talk about all the time? Are they gossip aunties?'

I said to the staff, "I would like to see around myself first," and turned to where bhaiya was.

I stomped towards the boys but I only saw them see me coming when I was just five steps away.

"Aree Choti, kya hua? Tum kapde nhi dekh rhi?" he said nonchalantly like he didn't just dump me on my own.

(Aree Choti, what happened? You aren't checking out the clothes?)

"Mere 'saath' chaliye..." I said, my voice coated with fake sugar. He was about to make a denying face but I extended my hand and pulled his ear, "Chaliye ab."

"Ow ow, chor na Choti", he whined in pain but I just ignored it and walked ahead.

I stopped in my tracks when I spotted a dark blue lehenga hanging on a mannequin. I let go of Kittu bhaiya's ear and walked to it.

I heard his voice faintly as he exhaled softly, "Jaan bachi toh lakho paaye." But I decided to ignore it. 

'I will deal with him later. For now, let me just admire this masterpiece.' I thought  in my mind as I walked to the mannequin.

It had fake diamonds attached in an I-don't-know-what-but-just-somehow-beautiful pattern. I was not skinny but not fat either so the 'across the shoulder' pattern will surely look good on me. The dupatta had a netted pattern, like in all lehengas, with stones attached here and there. 'Arghh... I love this dress! It just looked so starry and dreamy!'

"You have a nice taste, Ma'am." I heard a familiar voice and turned in that voice's direction only to see that staff from earlier.

I was slightly shocked and blinked a few times. Where was Kittu Bhaiya!? I looked around to find him but that guy spoke again. "Ma'am? Would you look like to try this on?"

"Huh? No, no", I replied with a small but polite smile. Suddenly, I spotted Kittu bhaiya busy with his phone and saying something to Ansh. Ansh looked up with a small smile on his face and I locked eyes with him.

He surely laughed on something stupid that Kittu Bhaiya said..., right?

No no no! I jolted out from my thoughts and broke the eye contact. I looked over at bhaiya and then again at Ansh. I tilted my head to bhaiya as my eyes followed along and again back to Ansh.