Her Changed Self(ch-7)

Happy New Year Guys.

Dhairya's Pov:
When I heard Ruhanika gasp, my gaze lifted towards the stairs. The sight made my heart swell with happiness. While at the same time I felt a little sad.

Dakshika was descending down the stairs slowly and elegantly dressed in a black anarkali, her hairs open, kaajal in her eyes and a small bindi on her forehead. She wore black heels.

I felt extremely happy that my little princess has grown up to become such a beautiful girl both by heart and face and felt a little sad that unfortunately I wasn't there with her during that period of her life.

She looked towards me when she reached the last step and smiled. Standing in front of the dining table.

She moved her eyes around and then said,"You might be remembering me, even if you don't let me remind you I am Dakshika Singh Shekhawat. The rightful owner of the throne and the to be queen."her voice held authority and coldness.

I could clearly watch how some people's jaws tightened indicating that they neither liked her tone nor her words, but can't say anything because it was the truth. Another thing I noticed in all of them was the look of shock.

Huh! Obviously they will be shocked when someone who doesn't even raise her voice and always talks politely with them, just showed them their true place.

I know Dakshi beared everything because she thought there some fault in her that they loved everybody except her. But now she isn't naive.

"Mr. Shekhawat I hope you won't mind if I have breakfast with you guys. After all I am here for your benifit only." she said as she occupied the chair beside me.

Rudra's Pov:
"Mr. Shekhawat I hope you won't mind if I have breakfast with you guys. After all I am here for your benifit only." she said and took the place beside bhai.

I am not able to believe. This can't be true. She can never talk to Dada sa like that. I looked at bhai expecting an angry face but instead it looked like he already knew that this was going to happen. In fact if anything he looked proud.

Fuck! If she is talking to Dada-sa like that, then it's sure that she isn't the same anymore.

I can't help but feel a little jealous of bhai. I mean she is my sister, not that I want to seperate them or something but atleast she can show me half of the affection she is showing him.

One thing that astonished and shocked me was that somehow Dakshika has a very similar face to my own mother.

The breakfast was served and we started having it, when I heard Kamini oh sorry kaa-mi-ni bua saying, "So, at last you came back, oh you had to right? So that you can take-" I fisted my hands.

Before I could say anything, I heard Dada sa say"Kaamini I don't think so that you have any right to say anything to her. So shut up and eat your food."

Dada sa standing for her was shocking but again we all know that how Kamini bua sa is. But now I have a feeling that my princess won't tolerate it.

And you princess, don't worry I won't let you to stay angry with me for long. Just a few more days. I turned my head towards Aashrita and saw her stealing glances at the duo ( Dakshika and Dhairya) who seemed to be indulged in a conversation in which they were smiling from time to time.

I know what she was feeling and I could say the same about me. Neither of the two ever shared such a bond with the rest of us. I mean it's crystal clear that they love us very much, but still they live in their own shell.

Just wait princess, just give me some more time. I'll change all this.

Dakshika Pov:

I know Rudra Singh Shekhawat very well to not understand what he's thinking right now while looking at us. Though he has never said but he has this thing in my mind that chahe jo ho jaaye hum unki behen, aur wo humare bhai hain, aur ye hak unse koi cheen nhi sakta.
(Whatever happens I am his sister, and he is my brother and none can snatch this right from him.)

I also know that he won't accept what he did, but there is something that he doesn't know. And that is the change in me. I am no more the Dakshika who once used to crave love and attention from the members of this family.

If I don't hate them, I don't have any feelings for them too. People think that the opposite of love is hate but it's wrong, when you love someone you have feelings for them so the opposite is when you don't feel anything towards them.

And that's why now I don't have any feelings towards them. Maybe even if I wanted to have I can't, because I failed to protect them and they died.

I had no plans right now. Though nobody knows but I am not planning to stay here for more than two days. I will be shifting to Delhi where I'll be joining my college.

And even two days because I am waiting for someone. She will be arriving tomorrow. And she is one of those people who love me to no extent.

When I brought Meera in this house at the age of four, when her father died I convinced everybody that it was our responsibility to look after her as her mother died at her birth and her father died saving us. He was the previous Security Chief of Shekhawats.

And I am very glad to say that the Shekhawats no longer see her as a responsibility, but as a part of their lives.

I was in my room when someone tried to barge in but the door was locked. My brows furrowed, I don't think so that after today's attitude someone might want to meet me.

"Who is it? " A soft voice replied, "It's me. Open the door." Oh! So the youngest princess is standing at my door asking to open it. Nonetheless I opened it.

"Didn't anybody ever teach you to knock. And what makes you so in a hurry to barge in." My voice a mix of mock and irritation.

"No. I am the Shekhawat princess, nobody dares to stop me. Now move."
She said as she tried to make space for herself to come in my room.

"Then let me teach you Princess, you can't just barge into someone's room especially when you don't know them. Got it. And cut that attitude of yours before me cause I won't tolerate it." My voice comtained rage.

She looked shaken, but she slightly lowered her head," I can enter your room after all you are my siste-" Her words were not even completed when I interrupted, "I am not your sister. Keep it in this little head of yours. And now if you have any work then say, or else leave."

"Ok didi sa, I just wanted to talk to you." I sighed when she ignored my recent words as if she didn't hear them.

"Didn't I tell you I ain't your sister! And what do you want to talk about? " "Oh just casual-" But before that I closed the door at her face. She banged on it a few more times before moving away saying, " You yourself will let me enter your room one day. That's my promise."

The day has just started and I am already tired. Tired to face those people who I don't wanna see. But then again Life isn't always under our control.

It's life, it's bound to change.