School Friends(Ch-16 )

Dakshika's Pov:

I wasn't able to sleep. So, I thought rather then laying in bed and doing nothing, I should better do something.

Looking at the beautiful sky above me, I was thinking about these five days, that I have got for me.

Being lonely for half of my life till now, I have grown to love spending time with myself.

'Kehte hain hum jiske saath sabse zyada samay bitate hain,uske saath ek gehra lagaav ho jata hai. Humne sabse zyada samay khud k saath bitaya hai , shayad isiliye hume khud se lagaav hone laga hai.'

(People say, with whosoever you spend most of your time, you tend to grow affection towards them. I have spent most of my time with myself, maybe that's why I have grown affected towards myself.)

Hope so these five days are gonna be like what I have expected. I really don't want to loose this chance. I want to spend time with myself. With the one, who stayed with me always.

Deep in my thoughts, I didn't notice when the sky went dark in colour and the crescent moon was a contrast to it.
I still had no plans of getting up and heading inside to prepare something for dinner.

Kaka has already filled the refrigerator with cornflex, oats and other substitutes which could help me in case if I don't have the energy or mood to cook.

And I am very Greatful for that. Honestly, I won't like the idea of driving a miles to the city just to bring a few cooking essentials.

I was sitting in silence observing the sky and the night view of the village when I felt something on my hand.

I turned my gaze and there was a squirrel there. She cocooned in the warmth of my palm adjusting herself.

It's nothing unusual and new for me, the aura that I emit, has always made animals to come to me freely once they touch me.

Before that they become scared of me. I don't possess a mind wanting to destroy the world, nor I have the capacity.

But then I have the negative powers which emit negative vibes, and a conscience which is neither a devil nor an angel.

I am torn between what I am and what I am forced to be, since the moment I was born.

I was patting the squirrel gently with my fingers when my eyes went to the palace.

In one of the balconies stood the two brothers whom I saw fighting today, staring at... Me?

I followed their gaze and it was fixated on the squirrel in my hand. Oh! This must have been a new scene for them. It's not often when you get to see a squirrel cocooned in someone's hands so comfortably and peacefully.

After sometime the rodent ran back to a tree. The night view of the garden was so peaceful that I had to force myself to get up and move inside.

When I came inside I made oats and took the bowl with me to the corridor. Looking at the stars shining brightly, I was having my dinner.

I have decided that these five days are gonna be a solace for me. I'll spend this short span with me.

I don't have much things to do now. The only important project which was under me is completed. The rest will be handled by the other officials of the company until there isn't any problem.

I simply put on my headphones and played 'Aaja Piya Tohe Pyaar Doon' in my phone.

I am not specifically into old songs or something. Songs describe your mood and to some extent, decide it too.