Chapter 1 | "just like we used to"

Bonnie

"Darling, have you packed everything?!" My mom shouted from across the hallway

"Almost finished!" I stuff the last things needed on my white suitcase and close it fastly. "Come on the bus is almost here!"

"On my way!" I reply fastly, picking up the last things needed for the holidays.

I can't believe I'm going to Winterville.

I go to the ground floor and leave all my suitcases and bags there.

My mom smiles at me, making her wrinkles show.

"I can't believe my baby girl is going to Winterville without me!" Mom pulls me tightly into one of her best hugs.

"Mom you're also going." I exclaim, patting her shoulder. "Yes but we're only arriving on the twenty three." She pouts playfully, making me laugh.

The yellow bus honks twice, waiting for me. I give my sweet mother one last kiss on the cheek and run into the bus with all my suitcases.

I choose the seat next to the window and there, I see my mom waving at me and I smile excitedly, waving back at her.

Oh my god I'm going back to Winterville!
I've spent almost all of my childhood there but then, when I was thirteen, I had to move to Boston.

It broke my heart that I had to leave everything behind, my cozy and beautiful house, Mrs. Diaz best cafe in town and most of all, my best friend Peter West.

Oh my lord I'm going to see Peter again after six years!

Oh, right, forgot to tell you,

Ever since I moved, Peter and I have lost contact completely. We didn't have cellphones at the time, and our parents (my parents at least) were always working so I couldn't really message him.

And when I got a phone, I didn't know his phone number, so once again it was a dead end.

But then this year my parents suggested that we all would spend Christmas on Winterville on Mr and Mrs West house (since it could fit more than seven people) but unfortunately, when Mrs West answered my mom, she said that they had sold that house years ago and had moved out with little Amy, Peter's younger sister.

But then she suggested that I could stay at Peter's house (since I was the only one arriving earlier) and, well, now I'm staying at my ex best friend's house for over a month before my parents arrive and we go to the Bed's & Breakfast.

But what if he doesn't remember me? An intrusive thought comes up.

What if he's mad at me for not messaging him for years? Another intrusive thought.

Stop it Bonnie.

Stop overthinking,

You overthink too much.

I shake my head, trying to erase all the bad thoughts and come up with only good ones.

I sigh happily, slowly realizing it worked.

I'm going to my hometown after six years apart and I'm going to see my dear best friend!

I feel myself automatically smiling as I remember something else that is good.

I'm going to drink the best hot cocoa in town!

I sway my legs and look outside the bus window.

And I'm going to make the best Snow Angel anyone has ever seen with Peter.

Just like we used to.

꒦꒷꒷꒦

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

꒦꒷꒷꒦

Hope you liked this chapter!!
BtwIn this story the chapters will be purposely a bit shortly (over 500 words) so it won't be really tiring.
And this is also supposed to be a really short book only bc I wanted to write a Christmas novella this month<3

Instagram: @gabislbrary
TikTok: @gabilpcv