Chapter 2: Discovering the Egg

"Branch is so lucky, I want to sing too." John felt a little left out.

"John Dory, you're supposed to be watching the rear." Clay annoyingly spoke and was a little peeved because the other wasn't listening at all.

"But—" John didn't get to finish when both Floyd and Clay slapped a hand over his mouth before being dragged into the nearby bush.

Viva quickly dived in with them just before Poppy and Branch flew over them singing together. She silently squealed in delight at not being caught. "Omg, this is so fun!" She could barely contain herself.

Floyd shook his head. "We're going to be caught like this." He looked at Clay. "Why don't you and Viva stay at the back while John Dory and I take the front. At least we can play it off. If Branch sees you two, he'll instantly know."

"Yes!!" John got all excited like he just won something.

Clay was going to protest until Viva grabbed his hand and comically dragged him off before he could say anything.

"Clay, this is so much fun, best date ever!" She announced.

Despite everything, Clay couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm.

***

Once the music died down, Poppy and Branch were completing one task after another as he checked them off on the clipboard he made in his hand. "Poppy, you need to learn to say no sometimes, some of these are kind of ridiculous. Which color icing to use? Sky can't decide that on his own?" Branch wondered aloud when he heard the Troll's voice.

"Knowing what other trolls are into at the moment is important for business. Sales will go up, I'll be happy and so will the whole of the Village." Sky explained and was about to go into further detail before Poppy stopped him and they started talking about his color problem.

Branch walked away just a little so he didn't have to hear the conversation. He was glad she distracted him, he wasn't really in the mood to get a lesson on business management and what not. Since Poppy might be a while, he went to put the clipboard in his hair, this made him shiver a little because his hair was being... sensitive...?? "Huh?"

Branch was confused as he hit something with the clipboard before pulling the thing back out. He then reached inside with his hand to see what he hit because he was sure there wasn't anything...

Branch froze as he felt something tiny, he tried to pull it out but it was basically attached to his head by some strands of hair. Upon further investigation he felt the thing was shaped like an... He quickly pulled his hand out in bewilderment before dropping the clipboard and reaching in with both hands only to find the thing still there.

***

"What's wrong with him? Why does he keep doing that?" John watched as Branch kept shoving his hands in his hair over and over again.

"I don't know but maybe we should get Poppy's attention to get her to notice." Floyd was getting concerned since Branch was becoming more and more distressed by the second when all of a sudden the youngest hightailed it out of there.

"Ah!" Floyd quickly jumped out from the bushes to follow after while John Dory was close behind. Viva and clay were a bit further away but running after as well.

"Whoa??" Poppy spoke as she finally noticed the trolls as they ran by. "What's going on?" She tried to call out to them but they must have not heard her. That's when she finally noticed Branch was nowhere to be seen.

"Poppy, Poppy!" Smidge came running out from somewhere along with Cooper who was laughing. "Come on!" The small troll grabbed her hand and forced her to follow the others.

"Wait, I need to find Branch!" Poppy didn't understand as she was pulled along while Sky followed as well.

"He ran in this direction, the others were following you two around." Smidge explained a little while Cooper added "Yea, I thought it was some kind of game!" He laughed.

"It wasn't a game?" Biggy asked as he caught up along with some of the others. 

"Ah, Okay... I see where this is going but we have no time. We need to catch up!" That was Poppy's main concern at the moment. So the small group sped it up.

After a few minutes they found the trolls they were chasing but no Branch on site. Not only that but the three brothers were arguing about something.

"Guys, please. We don't have time for this." Floyd didn't want to argue with them.

"No, if John Dory wasn't such a clutz we wouldn't have lost him." Clay harshly pointed out.

"I told you I didn't mean it, It was just an accident! How was I supposed to know that root was in the way?!" John gestured over to the thing when all of them froze upon seeing Poppy.

"What is going on?" Poppy asked in a bit of desperation.

"Oh, hey sis. Sorry about all that. It's just... " Viva made some strange noises as she mulled over whether she should tell her sister or not but decided anyway from the worried look she was getting. "Branch was feeling sick this morning and so Clay and the others were worried and insisted on following him."

"What?! Why didn't he tell me and why did he run off??" Poppy was still missing pieces but no one really knew why. He was acting strange today. She shook the thoughts out of her mind when she decided to get everyone's help. "We need to split up and find him." She stated when everyone agreed and went in all kinds of different directions. The only one left was Floyd.

"Poppy, I just want to thank you for always being there for Branch." Floyd felt like he couldn't say that enough.

Poppy happily hugged him. "I'm going to be there for him forever and always, even if he tries to push me away."

They both chuckled lightly before taking on a more serious look before splitting to go find the grumpy troll.

***

After hours of coming up with nothing, even getting more trolls to help in the search, Branch couldn't be found anywhere. Everyone was at a loss until John Dory finally decided to show up to the group meeting.

"Brothers!!" John yelled as he ran over to them in a panic. "It's, it's Rhonda! She's, she's-"

"She's what?" The brothers said in unison.

"GONE! Rhonda's gone! I can't find her anywhere!" John said as he cried.

"Do you think Branch took her?" Floyd asked.

"No, he did take her. I found this note." John held it up when Clay annoyingly snatched it.

"It says- Took Rhonda, sorry. Branch." Clay read aloud.

"What, that's it? It doesn't say anything else?" Poppy sadly questioned.

"Nope, nada." Clay sighed as he flipped the note around to double check.

"Well... maybe he went to see Bruce?" Floyd was unsure though but it was the only option they had at the moment.

"Then we should go. We can take Sheila." Poppy more so stated.

"Wait, who will look after the kingdom if you're gone Poppy?" Peppy asked when Viva spoke up.

"I will, I'll look after everything while you go get Branch!" Viva looked absolutely delighted to be able to help her sister.

"I'll also stay behind in case Branch comes back. I'll also help Viva." Clay wanted to go but Poppy, Floyd and begrudgingly John Dory could handle this.

Poppy was so happy to have help, she hugged them all before she, Floyd and John Dory went to go get ready.