Chapter 10: Taking The Egg Back

"Come on Creek, just give us my son and the egg!!" Diamond more so demanded as they pursued the troll.

"Alright, alright! I can grant you one of the two." Creek chuckled darkly as he reached up and grabbed Tiny with a little difficulty since the small troll didn't want to let go of the egg.

"Shelly!" Tiny cried when all of a sudden he was held over the bug. "Daddy!" He yelled next as Creek blew into the whistle and an extremely fast bug appeared out of seemingly nowhere while grabbing the tiny troll.

"After it!!" Diamond shouted and Cloud Guy listened but looked back because— He watched the purple troll in horror as he held the egg out while getting further away.

A big grin was plastered on Creek's face as he dropped the egg.

"Nooooo!!" Poppy cried desperately as she was held back by a bug, so was everyone else, everyone except John Dory.

John quickly jumped out of the ride as he used his hair to get more of a swing when he landed on the back of a bug. He grabbed the antenna and forced it to speed forward in the direction of the falling egg. He was starting to close in to the point he could almost touch it but then Creek suddenly crashed into him. They were both knocked off their bugs and sent into a free fall.

John tried desperately to grab the egg but the other troll blocked him each time as they tussled through the air.

"Just stop already! Isn't this enough?!" John Dory yelled at the troll as he punched him.

"It will never be enough!" Creek laughed as he punched the troll back a few times.

The struggle between them went on for a while until the ground started to rapidly close in on them and John Dory finally gave up the fight and grabbed the egg with his hair just before they smacked against the ground with Creek falling on top of him.

They laid like that for a while until Creek shakily stood up, not unharmed though. He was pretty sure his leg was broken from the fall but that didn't stop him from grabbing the egg from the unconscious troll's hair and holding it into the air like he won. He laughed hysterically until he was punched hard in the face by a pink troll with tears in her eyes. She caught the egg before it fell and desperately held it close.

Creek skidded a few troll feet away before being pulled up by the hair. He stared into the extremely angry purple haired troll's eyes before being punched once more and effectively being knocked out. 

A few other trolls came up and detained Creek when Bruce joined his brother's and Poppy.

"John Dory!" Floyd cried along with the others until they all heard mumbling come from—. "Huh?"

"I said, I hurt, Everywhere." John spoke as he opened his eyes. They all bounced on him which made him shriek in pain.

They quickly backed off and laughed before Prince D came along with Cloud Guy and Diamond.

"Sorry to bother you Poppy but-" Guy held out his son.

"Oh Shelly! I'm so happy you're okay!" Tiny cried as he hugged the egg before letting go and grabbing onto Poppy next. "We gotta go save Branch! Psycho left him sick and tied up!"

Poppy widened her eyes in shock for a moment before shaking any negative thoughts from her mind and only focused on one thing now.

Branch.

***

"Are you sure we should be heading in this direction?" Poppy had to ask Barb because they were flying over Bergen town and if they kept going in the direction they were heading then they would end up back at the troll villages.

"For the last time Popstep, yes. Debbie smelled his scent going this way." Barb reassured her.

"It's a good thing anyways, John Dory isn't looking too good. He needs a doctor." Bruce spoke as he and Floyd were trying to keep their brother as comfortable as possible but failing.

"D-don't worry about me... I-I'll be fine..." John tried to keep them from worrying but he was in a lot of pain.

"Don't lie." Floyd spoke as he applied an ice pack.

John sighed happily as the pain eased a little from the coolness.

Poppy just sadly looked at them when she felt the egg purposely fall out of her hair. She caught it barely in time when she felt how warm and comforting her baby was. She sniffled as she hugged the egg.

"Br-Branch." Poppy cried.

***

"Help! HELP!! You gotta help us!!" Veneer cried as he rushed through Pop village before he stepped into a trap that caught him with a net. He screamed as he hung there.

"Why are you here?! Did you come to try and capture us?!" Clay accused as he slid down the rope holding the other captive.

"Brother! You idiot! I told you not to just run off like that!" Velvet yelled as she got captured by another net as well.

"Ha, well jokes on you, we have you captured now!" Clay announced proudly until—

"Wait! They're only trying to help!" Bridget and Gristle came running before they too got netted.

"Help?! Them?!" Clay didn't believe it.

"Yes! Please! It's your brother!" Veneer stuck his hand out of the net and held a troll up to the yellow haired one. "He is gonna die if you don't do something!"

Clay stared for a moment, not actually believing that it was Branch before Viva appeared and jumped to action to check on the troll. She gasped as soon as she felt how hot he was. "Clay!!" She called, which seemed to snap the troll out of the stupor he was in and help her.

The two of them then rushed over to Dr. MoonBloom's.

"Uhh, Hellooooo!" Velvet called but got no response as they all hung there. She crossed her arms and grumpily looked at her brother who looked somewhat satisfied but worried at the same time.

"Well... I guess we're stuck here for now." Bridget shrugged it off as she hugged Gristle who said "Babe, I wouldn't have it any other way." They quickly shared a kiss while Velvet and Veneer made faces of disgust.

That's when they were all cut down by some other trolls.

"Oh goodie, we're free!" Veneer cheered a little as he stood up.

"We probably wouldn't have gotten caught if you had just listened!" Velvet wasn't happy with him but she did have to admit that rushing here was probably for the better. She relaxed a bit as she said "...good job little bro..."

"Ehhhhh?! Hello?! Velvet honey, is that really you in there?!" Veneer couldn't believe his ears before he rushed over and hugged her which she reluctantly let happen.

That was until Velvet had enough and pushed her brother back by the head. "Alright, enough!"

Bridget and Gristle chuckled a little at the two before they were being questioned by some of the snack pack trolls about what happened but none of them really knew, not even Velvet and Veneer.

They only found Branch in a dire state before rushing him to Pop Village.