[1]: miss americana

today was my first day at uconn soccer training, and my first time meeting my new teammates, other than izzy my roomate

I had moved here from the uk to play soccer here in conneticuit and was beyond terrified.

I didn't know anyone here, I had to figure it out alone.

my outfit was simply black shorts and a white shirt with a black Nike hoodie over the top.

I walked onto the astroturf pitch to see a group of girls stood together talking.

nervously, I made my way over to introduce myself.

as I walked over, a dark haired girl waved me over.

'hey, I'm Lucy Cappadona, nice to meet you' she grinned.

'hey, im ari' I smiled back.

'I like your accent, where are you from ?' she asked me as the girls stood around all seeming nice.

'um manchester, in england' I answered.

'that's so cool' another girl said 'im anna'

'nice to meet you' I smiled as the coach came over.

'nice to see you've all made our Brit feel welcome' she laughed at the crowd of girls. 'I'm Margaret'

'hi, I'm ari' I shook her hand.

'this is ari, she's going to play in cdm for us this season' she explained to the team.

'I thought we could do a big game today to get everyone used to eachother' she told them.

everyone instantly lit up, excited to play.

'were gonna go against the boys' she added, causing some girls to get more excited, others not so much.

'girls this is where you're playing' she spoke, explaining all of our positions.

I was playing in cdm, against some guy called ayoub.

we all got set up on the pitch and the boys won kick off and got the game started.

the game was mostly chilled, the scores being 2-2, until the basketball teams came and started chanting.

the girls chanted for us everytime we touched the ball, and booed everytime the boys touched it.

the guy I was marking had the ball and was dribbling towards the box down the side as I chased him down.

as his foot left the ball to dribble, I barged over the ball into his shoulder, sending him to the floor as I quickly passed the ball away.

the basketball players went crazy, clowning the poor guy that I was helping up.

'damn you're strong girl' he winced, rubbing his shoulder.

'my bad' I shrugged, running away to carry on playing.

the game continued at 2-2, me and ayoub constantly contesting for the ball.

eventually their coach blew for full time and the game finished tied as we all walked off the pitch.

'hey, wait up' I heard ayoub call out behind me.

I turned around to see him jogging up to me.

'you're really good' he smiled, shaking my hand as we stood near the small crowd of bb players.

'thanks, so are you' I replied.

'you're pretty too' he added, causing me to frown.

'uhm-'

'can I take you on a date ?' he asked.

'I'm actually lesbian, but thanks' I smiled awkwardly.

'awh man' he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

'but if you ever want to get bullied off the ball again, I'm always free' I joked, trying to make it less weird.

'yeah, just wait until we play again, I'll get working out' he laughed, lightly punching my arm.

'better start now, sooner the better' I winked, walking away.

I walked over to Lucy and izzy who were stood with some of the women's basketball team, grabbing my drink from the floor.

'oh guys, this is ari' lucy introduced, wrapping an arm over my shoulders.

I looked up to see three very tall girls stood in front of me, one in particular catching my eye.

she had blonde hair that was tied in a ponytail and the most blue eyes I'd ever seen.

'hi' I waved, looking up at the girls feeling as though I shrunk under their gazes.

'bless the poor girl, she's probably terrified right now' a guy laughed walking over.

he was the mens forward - moussa.

the three girls laughed, shaking their heads.

'you're not that much bigger than her' the brunette joked, a thick european accent evident in her voice.

'yeah, didn't stop her from sending you flying' lucy agreed.

'not as much as she did to ayoub' he laughed. 'ay she's strong you know'

'I could see' lucy teased.

he rolled his eyes at the girl, saying goodbye and giving me a compliment on my playing before leaving.

'you are surprisingly strong' the european girl smiled.

'why surprisingly ?' I chuckled.

'well your-' she held her hand low down.

'short' the blonde laughed.

'no you guys are just tall' I frowned.

'wait is she the English girl' the other girl asked.

'she is' izzy nodded.

'cool' she smiled 'I'm azzi, this is nika and paige' she introduced.

'nice to meet you guys' I grinned.

'you coming our to dinner later ?' she asked.

'uh-'

'yeah she is' izzy smiled, 'we gotta go now' she dragged me away.

'so you got your eye on anyone ?' she whispered.

'no' I shrugged my shoulders.

'okay' she spoke in a high pitched tone.

[chloe speaks]
I decided to make another paige fanfic but this time the oc plays football since I play football and understand it better than basketball, but I will still be frequently updating daylight

vote and comment🙏🏻