#9

After a long journey of 10 hours, Nitya and Ruhana land in the city of their dreams, London. After checking out of the airport, the girls hold on to their luggage and hire a taxi. They've got to travel to South Hall, a vibrant suburb in west London. They own a bungalow on Havelock Estate. Within an hour or more, they reach home, where the housekeeper, Anna, welcomes them. As they enter the house, it is well-kept and clean. Anna informs them that their rooms have been cleaned and are ready to use. Another servant, Robert, takes their luggage to their rooms while the sisters adore the house. It’s been quite a while since they came here. Anna and Robert are Indians but they were brought up in London. Nitya turns towards Anna and smiles warmly.

“When did you come here and how did you manage to clean everything?” She asks, and she’s in awe that the house is clean and warm, as they haven't informed anyone about their arrival.

“Naina ma'am, told me two days ago that you two would be here,” Anna replies politely.

“Mumma can’t keep calm. Thanks, Anna! You’re a sweetheart. Can we get some tea?” Ruhana asks sweetly.

“Sure, both of you freshen up. Dinner is also ready.” Anna informs them.

Nitya and Ruhana head to their rooms to unpack and take a shower. They’re 6 hours and 30 minutes behind India time, so they leave messages in their family WhatsApp group and decide to talk to their parents in the morning. They unpack and settle into their rooms, then move into the dining hall. Nitya is famished and she gets happy about finding her favourite food on the table.

“Oh my, Anna! You’ve cooked all of our favourite food

“Oh my, Anna! You’ve cooked all of our favourite food.” Nitya exclaims happily.

“Naina ma’am gave me a list of all of your favourite dishes.” Anna smiles warmly at them.

“Maa is too sweet. Vo yahan nahi hai lekin unhone sab taiyari karke rakhi hai.” Nitya exclaims.

Nitya is overjoyed at the moment. For her, Naina is the one fulfilling her wishes and it’s Kavya in Ruhana’s case. The two mothers care for their daughters equally and the love can’t be mapped. It’s just that Kavya is a little inclined towards Ruhana and Naina is inclined towards Nitya, but the love doesn’t need to be proved.

“Unko sab pata rehta hai na! Par mumma ne hume kyun nahi bataya? They were like, Hume hi sab kaam karna padega ghar mein!” Ruhana makes a face, causing Nitya to laugh.